Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default problems linked with buying 2nd hand digital photography items

i do workshops and i shoot a lot with companies who's employees like to shoot beside me (sa binisaya pa - mag.apilapil).

since last year, 3 employees and 3 workshop attendees bring out a cam that had problems ranging from lcd problems, menu display problems, click button not working, batteries empty very quickly, etc. - happens on half of all newbies i know who bought used cams.

the main reason for these might be that they dont know yet how to test the cams they're buying. well, we cant blame them as these things are usually decided financially. i can just imagine the stress of a newbie, shelling out his hard earned cash, then encounter problems that needs more cash to fix. we all know that reliable service centers are only found in cebu and mla but more than that, his introduction to photography might be marred and the eagerness to be one of us reduced - or his photography development stunned because all that time, he has been practicing with a broken cam

i'm bringing this up to ask photography colleagues here for ideas on how to minimize this ongoing problem. i dont know if this topic has been discussed as i tried to search and nothing seem to pop out.

Dili man na malikayan ky it's an open market, but sometimes ang newbie owners raman pod ang i-blame sa ila issues na encountered, most of the time mo-deny na sila nga wala silay lain gibuhat but then again due to handling diay or lack of education on how to use such items.

So when buying 2nd hand photography items, bring someone who knows more para ma-test, and brace yourself for whatever problems you'd encounter in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by hayden View Post
    Dili man na malikayan ky it's an open market, but sometimes ang newbie owners raman pod ang i-blame sa ila issues na encountered, most of the time mo-deny na sila nga wala silay lain gibuhat but then again due to handling diay or lack of education on how to use such items.

So when buying 2nd hand photography items, bring someone who knows more para ma-test, and brace yourself for whatever problems you'd encounter in the near future.

youre right! i've sold mga 7 cams na and luckily wala pa jud nereklamo. problem lang is most of them dont announce na they're buying na. like they want to keep it a secret bah

Quote Originally Posted by adjong View Post
    youre right! i've sold mga 7 cams na and luckily wala pa jud nereklamo. problem lang is most of them dont announce na they're buying na. like they want to keep it a secret bah
    My first slr was bought by someone nga nag-startup pa pod sa photography after a few days nag-text sa akoa that guba daw kuno akong cam ky corrupted ang image ig-save, tried 3 different memory cards na daw kuno. Turns out he was using a generic card reader. After a year nag-text napod that ang pop-up flash guba na daw, I just referred him sa service center

to keep this rolling much better you will suggest what are things need to be checked when buying 2nd hand digital photography items for the good of 2nd hand buyers. kasabot ko sa concern sa thread starter kay luoy kaayo kong pwerti nilang tigum nya naa d ai to mga defect unless stated by seller.
    Like how to check if battery is still good?
    common things to check lng..

So far happy ko sa mga 2nd hand na lens na akong napalit.

Pero kung body istoryahan, di tingali ko mopalit ug 2nd hand.

Nakapalit pud ko ug 2nd hand nga lens diri sa Istorya.net and I also sold my lens on Istorya.net

Sa akong 2nd hand nga lens napalit, so far OK pa man.
    When buying for 2nd hand items, you must know what to check aside from just looking at the
    body and trying it w/ your camera body. Check if it back focuses or front focuses.
    Check for molds pud

sir arisarnado unsaon nimo pagkabaw na naay molds..? kai ako migo ana xa naa daw molds iya lens pero prting siga nako ako mata di ma nako makita hehehee i mean unsaon pagtan.aw and wer ka dapat magtan.aw..?ehehehee

so far i sold two lenses dre sa istorya.. ang ikaduhang buyer kai ang first buyer nag recomend na ari mupalit nako hehehe wa man pd mga reklamo.. gituyo pa jd nako balik pagka ugma ug hatag ang warranty card hehehee

swerte2 lng jd na dre..

So far so good pa ako dslr and two lenses... 2nd owner nako ani.

Same2x sila ug itsura sa molds sa bread. (or basin worse condition nato akong nakita)

Basta, i-check lang bro. If you feel that something's not right, ayaw lang palita. hehe

Quote Originally Posted by struggleboi View Post
    sir arisarnado unsaon nimo pagkabaw na naay molds..? kai ako migo ana xa naa daw molds iya lens pero prting siga nako ako mata di ma nako makita hehehee i mean unsaon pagtan.aw and wer ka dapat magtan.aw..?ehehehee

so far i sold two lenses dre sa istorya.. ang ikaduhang buyer kai ang first buyer nag recomend na ari mupalit nako hehehe wa man pd mga reklamo.. gituyo pa jd nako balik pagka ugma ug hatag ang warranty card hehehee

swerte2 lng jd na dre..

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast