Default How to split my smart wifi connection? (cheapest way)

i have two pc which i like be connected to my smart wifi. i have come up with this idea. pero diko ka baw mu config. anyone can help me here?

my idea, from smart antena, connect to PC-1 lan card-1. then from PC-1 lan card-2 connect to PC-2 lan card.

my prob is, what should i need to change? config on my PC-1 in order to have a conection to PC-2? any particular software should i install?

salamat daan sa inyong tabang....

Default Re: How to split my smart wifi connection? (cheapest way)

get a cheap router nalang, easiest way, dili pa kalas kuryente coz pwede ra usa ka pc mag on and the router, sa imong config kailangan naka on ang main PC

cheapest router will cost atleast 2t man gud. then finals naman namu, no budget yet for a router this time.

well if you really need it badly... and dont want to spend for a router or a switch... you only hav 1 choice.. mg.x-over nlng gyud kah... meaning connecting both pc's through LANcrds (NICards).. by the way unsa d i imo OS ky kng XP imo OS no prob rah nah xa pg.configure ky naa mai wizard ang XP to guide you through the process of sharing your net access..

pro mao pod lgi kailangan gyud nga ON ang PC nga imng g.himo nga gateway pra mka.access ang imong 2nd pc...

ev, mao na akong idea. how to configure this man? yes xp sp1 akong os. ok ra mag on perme ang pc, na a man pud koy e download perme.

Quote Originally Posted by cebu6
    ev, mao na akong idea. how to configure this man? yes xp sp1 akong os. ok ra mag on perme ang pc, na a man pud koy e download perme.
    Check this site out:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u.../getsetup.mspx

:mrgreen:

if you are using XP its very easy.

PC A - this is the pc that will house the 2 lan card (1st card is from wifi client bridge, 2nd card to other pc.

1. I would suggest naming the 2 card differently to avoid confusion.
    2. Setup LAN CARD 1 in PC A to connect to smart wifi by going thru the process of inputting the security code and everything. Make sure to have this pc able to connect to the internet.
    3. Set up LAN CARD 2 in PC A for your Local Area Networking by using the Create NEW ConnectionÂ* Wizard.
    4. Setup LAN CARD 1 in PC B to connect to PC A using create new connectin wizard.

Basically sometimes winXP will try to automtically configure eveyrthing for you.

note:
    - make sure to use crossover cable to connect the 2 pc.
    - the first pc should use 192.168.0.1 as the ip. the second pc can use anyting.

up to this

mao na akong idea. how to configure this man? yes xp sp1 akong os. ok ra mag on perme ang pc, na a man pud koy e download perme.

10.    Advertisement