Default 2012 Honda City... Some Welcome Minor Changes

The City a model ago was a superb sedan for the masses. Then comes the new model with some minor modifications here and there. Though I am not a fan of the new front grill, I must admit that having a more forward design gives it a more aggressive look. I wish they retained the matte gray finish of the older model. You can paint it anyway you like after getting one anyway so it's not at all a deal-breaker. The new tail lamp though is a nice touch. It gives the tail end a more balanced look. Or is it just me? Anyway, the new front bumper with the blacked-out air dam and the built-in fog lamps are a welcome add-on.

The City has always been spacious. Class leading even when it comes to cabin-size. Get inside and you will feel like you are inside a full sized sedan with regards to leg room and head room. The amenities though is another matter. Like my Jazz, my qualm about the interior is that the hard plastic everywhere makes it feel cheap though the faux leather wrapped steering wheel is very much liked. I wish I can say the same thing to other areas especially the glittery panel that frames the audio controls. What were they thinking. If they made it look like brushed aluminum then maybe I could digest it. Anyhow, with regards to features, the City offers many. USB connectivity, AUX in port for iPods and iPhones, steering mounted audio controls, and steering mounted paddle shifters (top-of-the-line model only). However, these features are not class leading any longer. These are available in other cars in this class and they offer more features like bluetooth connectivity and more. The seats are not very well bolstered but is surprisingly comfortable with good all-around support.

As the 1.5 City shares the same engine with my 1.5 Jazz then I'll just go right to the core. As I was only a passenger this time around, I will only say things in a passenger's perspective. Thanks to having a much longer front end, the engine was placed further forward insulating the cabin from the engine noise more than the Jazz. Gear changes were smooth, though like the Jazz, the shift from 1st to 2nd is a bit quirky and slow but form 2nd gear onwards.. silky smooth. From my experience with the Jazz, you can remedy the quirkiness though by shifting to a higher gear earlier with the help of the paddle shifter. Going around bends, the City handled them with ease. With very minimal body roll, the car kept its composure. That was expected though as the Jazz, which is taller than the City, handled corners brilliantly. The fuel consumption was good too at 12.5 km/L highway. Though it was a long way from what I got from my Jazz at 13.9 km/L. I drive with a light feet though, so I really couldn't say until I am the one behind the wheel. But 12.5 highway is already more than what you get from other cars in its class anyway.

So the minor mods are good but I can't wait for the completely redesigned All-new Honda City which would probably be announced by December this year.

Default Re: 2012 Honda City... Some Welcome Minor Changes

i prefer the old city..

Default Re: 2012 Honda City... Some Welcome Minor Changes

so far, the face lifted city is the most handsome among the models. i like the white color more because it emphasizes the design of the car and its more aggressive looking.

but its just me.

4.    Advertisement