Default COMPdoctor i need help. I WANT TO UPGRADE my PC

i need to upgrade my pc

Guys wish u could help me.

... I utilize two hard disk but then i'm using only 1 fan in the CPU since i utilize the other power cord (or watever u called /it is
    called
    ) that is supposedly for the cpu. Will it affect the system of my computer

... I have 2 RAM (1 gig and 256 PQI) and a 128 mb VIdeo card(nvidia geforce FX5200), will it be compatible if i upgrade my motherboard
    (Asus p4s533-mx) since my motherboard is already old, i bought it 6-7 yrs ago.

... I wish to upgrade my intel pentium 4 1.6 ghz to an Intel Dual core or core duo. will it be compatible or do i need a new power
    supply

... What do u think is the best for my PC i'm really experiencing slowdown when i run Adobe Photoshop CS2 and play music as well as
    during virus scan.

...Right now i also experience when i turn on my PC it would run but then suddenly shuts off... is this due to power supply or too much
    heat in my computer since i remove the other fan in my CPU

CompDoctor help me very quick ^_^
    Anyway Thanks in advance
    i'm a newbie in this site ^_^

Default Re: COMPdoctor i need help. I WANT TO UPGRADE my PC

I utilize two hard disk but then i'm using only 1 fan in the CPU since i utilize the other power cord (or watever u called /it is called) that is supposedly for the cpu.

pls consider system/chassis ventilation, no intake or exhaust fan?

What do u think is the best for my PC i'm really experiencing slowdown when i run Adobe Photoshop CS2 and play music as well as during virus scan.

thats is normal w/ your rig even if you're using a C2D proc, you will still encounter that problem.

I have 2 RAM (1 gig and 256 PQI) and a 128 mb VIdeo card(nvidia geforce FX5200), will it be compatible if i upgrade my motherboard (Asus p4s533-mx)

yes
    I wish to upgrade my intel pentium 4 1.6 ghz to an Intel Dual core or core duo. will it be compatible or do i need a new power supply

you need to change ram, mobo, cpu and graphics card if your planning to change your setup unless, socket 775 imong P4.

Right now i also experience when i turn on my PC it would run but then suddenly shuts off... is this due to power supply or too much heat in my computer since i remove the other fan in my CPU

pls check the temp of ur CPU, or the connection inside your computer. then your powersupply

btw, specs of your pC?

rough estimate nako sa imo cpu is P8000 add nalang ka gamay for an upgrade

better sell your whole CPU nalang (case, motherboard, processor, ram, video card, etc...)
    surely it's not compatible for a dual core upgrade since that is still socket 478.

socket 775 naman ron for intel, socket 940 for AMD

peace bro!

... Thnks for the repz mga parekoi ^_^

bro...palit nalang ug bago kay gamay ra deperensya sa price kung mag upgrade ka ....u mention nga ur mobo is 6 yrs old na...well lagpas na sya sa iyang expected life ahaehehehe papahulaya na imong pc bro...btaw just kidding....i think everybody well agree nga mass maayo mopalit nalang ka ug new para iwas problema sa compatibility..chances are dli sya mo dagan or kung modagan man dili sya optimum performance...sayang ra ghapon ang imong effort ug money...ibaligya nalang na imong old pc dri sa istorya.net... peace .......

if you upgrade that rig, the things you can still use are optical drives, harddisk and the casing. you need to buy a new powersupply, mobo, proc, and memory.

Quote Originally Posted by erwin_rommel
    if you upgrade that rig, the things you can still use are optical drives, harddisk and the casing. you need to buy a new powersupply, mobo, proc, and memory.

exactly!!!!! and to sum it all its like ur buying a new pc......i think you wont allow that ur new mobo to be fitted to an old casing? right....?

... sakto jud mo mga parekoi
    ... magtigum sa ko gamai
    ... thnks for sharing ur ideas

yup, palit nlng bag.o..

10.    Advertisement