Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast

Default I just wanna share my bad experience in one of the biggest schools in Cebu City

I was about to re-enroll myself in "that" school for the 2nd semester last year. My papers were all ready and good to go. In the part were you have to be interviewed by the chairman of your department, all hell broke loose when the chairman noticed my tattoos in my arm. Don't get me wrong I was wearing a pretty big shirt, big enough to hide my body art. As soon as she saw my ink, the chairman immediately closed my folder, didn't even bother looking at my previous grades, behavioral records and whatnot. "We do not accept students who have tattoos! This is a formal institution, we don't allow our students to look like ex-convicts. It is in our student's manual" those were the exact words the chairman told me if my memory serves me well. I did everything in my power to try and convince them but they're decision was firm.

The only thing that hurts me the most is that there are a lot of students in that school who has tattoos which are placed in the most noticeable areas of the body e.g.: neck, forearm, inner arm, below the elbow and etc. I think those students placed their tattoos in those area because they want to flaunt it, "para bagsik ug cool kunohay". While me, trying so hard to hide it but got rejected. I tried to reason with them that I'll wear long-sleeved shirts every single day, but again they didn't bother listening to me.

I think what they've done to me is a form of discrimination. They took away my right to a quality education just because I have tattoos. Very stereotypical people. They should consider revising their "RULE BOOK" because having tattoos is normal in our time. And to think that I already have a tattoo on my back when I first enrolled in that institution. I have been a part of that school's family since elementary, that is why it breaks my heart knowing that I could never EVER enroll in my beloved school again. SCIENTIA, VIRTUS ET DEVOTIO!

Share if you had the same experience as I have.

Default Re: I just wanna share my bad experience in one of the biggest schools in Cebu City

unsa diay na nga school TS?

Default Re: I just wanna share my bad experience in one of the biggest schools in Cebu City

I search sa google ang kanang latin nga words. kanang all caps sa 3rd paragraph. Clue lang ako gihatag kay lisud na panganlan, madaot nya sila ba.

That's just wrong, man. An institution of learning should not judge their students by their appearance. Reading your post gave me the impression that you are not of a dull mind. Oh well, their loss.

Did you check if that policy is really in the student's manual? The chairwoman might have been basing her decision on her personal opinions on tattoos.
    Last edited by clinically.dead; 01-24-2012 at 01:34 PM.

^^ yes it is present in the student's manual. sayop pud nako, wa nalang jud ko naniguro ug attire. maypa jud lage nag longsleeves nalang ko. tsk2x, cge nalang bro life goes on.

USC hehehehhe

Quote Originally Posted by doydi View Post
    ^^ yes it is present in the student's manual. sayop pud nako, wa nalang jud ko naniguro ug attire. maypa jud lage nag longsleeves nalang ko. tsk2x, cge nalang bro life goes on.
    Unsa man diay ka na dept bai?

naa bitaw gyuy daghan naay tattoo dd2 bro...labi na sa engineering campus nila

Problem with these institutions, puro old ang mga chairman and syempre old fashioned pod ang huna huna.....maybe try another course meantime.

Life is unfair. Lain nalang na school bro.

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast