Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Default Windows XP Professional x64 Edition

Will this unlock the full potential of your Athlon64??..hmmm

he operating systems from Microsoft supporting 64bit extensions of the x86 architecture are still one of the most acute topics for discussion out there. The thing is that there are quite a few processors in the market, which support x86-64, although there are still no mass operating systems fort this architecture. At present the owners of 64-bit AMD Athlon 64 FX and AMD Athlon 64 processors have either to out up with the fact that their CPU doesn’t use its given potential power to the full extent when working under 32-bit operating systems, or to got for Linux systems, which are considerably less popular compared to Windows.

The need for 64-bit Windows-type of systems compatible with the x86-64 bit architecture gets even more and more vital since the Intel’s new processors are also going to acquire 64bit extensions support in the nearest future. The upcoming Intel Pentium 4 XE and Intel Pentium 4 6XX processors due later this month, will also support 64-bit extensions of the x86 architecture, just like their competitors from AMD. Also, they will introduce compatibility with x86-64 architecture in their budget Celeron D processors in the nearest future.

After a few unplanned delays, Microsoft is going to finally launch their Windows operating systems for CPUs with x86-64 architecture in the first half of 2005. The first system from this family, Windows XP Professional x64 Edition, is expected to be officially announced during CeBIT in Germany, which traditionally takes place in early spring. In the meanwhile, in the beginning of this year, Microsoft provided the Release candidate 1 of this operating system, which they allow using for introductory purposes. So, our today’s article is going to be devoted to the features and peculiarities of the upcoming Windows XP Professional x64 Edition version 1289, which is none other but this particular RC1.
    http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu...86-64-rc1.html

yumyum

I wish to test this but unfortunately dont have the 64bit box. Anybody here who have tested it?

bai, unsa man nakanindot sa 64bit? wala man kaayo ko background sa OS gud, whatever...i have a copy of WIndows XP 64bit edition here good for 360 days....ngutana lang ko kung maka support ni sa akong system, Asus p4s533-MX, Intel P4 2.4 GHz, 512MB RAM, 64MB SiS 315...

poldopunk...definitely "NO" kay ang imoha s 32bit lang....dili na nimo ma-install kay mangita na ug 64bit system (MOBO,CPU).

Blog Entries

Sir Lowell, wala ka kasulod sa Beta sir?

anyway... overall, XP64 runs a lot more smoother than its 32bit counterpart... loading times have improved a lot... on gaming, framerates are basically the same but the overall experience is much smoother... in CS:Source I've noticed that I don't stutter as much as I did with XP32... everything is a lot more fluid...

tolstoi, it will definitely put to good use processors with 64bit support

^^^^waaahhhh..makasuya gyud...but the question here master if XP64 is optimized for Intel EM64 only?coz known partner ra ba ni ang microtel

well this be the end of the 32 bit boxes...*sigh*

Master Beor...wala ko kasulod as beta tester tungod kay wala koy 64bit system....hmmm they offer but useless lang gihapon.

Sight Beyond Sight. muzikfreakah's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I was able to test when it was at its primitive stage where drivers werent available yet, in short no fun for me, after that I removedmu dual boot coz i needed more space and was never able to test it again. Master Beor, so its pretty stable na ang beta? can be used instead of XP32bit na? Or better to wait for the real thing?
    The Wonder Pets of a Reptile Addict.

www.mytechisland.com

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast