Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default SuKolmo (Buhay pa ba ang diwa na sinimulan nila?)

I don't know if the "organization" still exists but one of the posts here said that the members are still active.

1) How active? Do they still meet? How often? When and where?

2) What are their activities? Drawing underground comics? Teaching a new generation?

3) If the "brains" are dead (daw), then who is leading or at least managing the core group? Does the concept of a core group still exist?

My point is, "sayang ang sinimulan nila." I think it doesn't matter what happened in the past. I've met some of the "brains" before and
    they're not that bad. I had a minor problem with one of them but it wasn't personal. Just a misunderstanding on some business or rather
    failed business issues.

Anyway, I hope somebody could answer the questions above and please no more SuKolmo bashing. Thank you.

Default Re: SuKolmo (Buhay pa ba ang diwa na sinimulan nila?)

sorry, but what is SuKolmo ?

@samokan, Sukol Mo comics is a cebu-based comic company--- i think they produced about two or three comic titles... they used to publish their own covers and also i think in the Freeman-- but it appears they're now like the defunct Popcorn Comics group...

oh well maybe they're gathering their forces for another revival of the local comic industry

@cmontoya, what is your interest in the group and in the local comics scene as well? Are you a publisher? A buyer? As for me, I'm a writer working with an artist on a comic series that we hope to publish by next year once we find we finish and able to collect capital--

sir Vince is still around, haven't asked him though.

@diemjudilla, I\'m just saddened that potential Cebuano comic book artists aren\'t as popular as their Tagalog counterparts - some
    who are already considered world-class artists. I don\'t see any Pinoy artist hailing from Cebu in GlassHouse Graphics\'s portofolio.
    All of them are Luzon-based. I saw some of the artwork of Sukolmo before and a few of them are actually quite good.

I mean each time I visit Manila, I always see comic book drawing seminars being offered. There\'s a lively community there, diri
    I don\'t know. Kung naa man gani, close-knit group siguro.

Of course, there might be Cebuanos working incognito (low-profile) for DC Comics, Marvel, Top Cow, Image or for Japanese
    comic book publishers (I met a USC art professor once who told me that he\'s disappointed that some of his students are in
    Japane drawing hentai manga or anime - well, it\'s a living). Ako lang unta, if they have it, they should flaunt it as in \"Mga tol,
    ako nag-drawing cover page X-Men # 517, or ako nag-drawing background sa Mulan 2, etc.\")

But this people behind the Sukolmo are still alive, aren't they? What titles of their comics which once nisikat dire sa cebu?

yes are still much alive!! i work with them and most of their skills have gone to another level... they could work in any publishing house though if given a break... thyre still coming up with stuff yet still looking for that lucrative contract form those establashied comic companies... one is actually gonna paint for DC under training with alex ross
    [img width=600 height=479]http://images.artwanted.com/large/47/10432_102347.jpg[/img]

and yes tyke is still cookin tasty chiharon.
    vince has lose a lot of weight.. he could pose for bench he has a big international fan base of his online comics...
    so yes thyre still alive and happy!! and eating chicharon!!

nice art. any chance of a comeback of sorts?

I like the Teen Titans drowing!!!

katong version ni sir vince sa powerpuff girls ug katong K' and Kula KOF nga komiks nindot sad kau.

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast