Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default anyone received the new updates in windows?

samok lagi ni new updates para sa piracy update

Default Re: anyone received the new updates in windows?

i keep on receving updates.. but i don't know what are those updates.. install rko..

jug org na imo windows?

duha akong comp.. ME and XP both orig.. sa ME prmi ko mka receive updates.. sa XP dli tagsa ra..

WGA UPDATE. para sa mga pirated na windows ni..

No problems here

It just updated my Office 2003 with Service Pack 2

orig na imo cooldude?

One system in our office got "nuked" because it was using a CD key from another PC of ours, thankfully the rest of our Windows were legit.. Here's an info..

Just to let everyone know, if your running a copy of XP that isn't legit, or running it on two of your personally owned computers watch out! Microsoft released a WGA, Windows Genuine Advantage, patch today that keeps you from using your installed copy of windows!

Here is what happens, the WGA patch installs and your computer wants to reboot, you reboot and then you get a few additions to the Welcome screen. The first most obvious is an added graphic in the bottom right of the screen about running pirated software. Next is a popup box with the option to either shutdown the computer or you have to wait for the countdown timer on the grayed out ok button. After you wait you can click ok and get to the desktop but then you get an icon in the tray that keeps popping up nagging stuff about piracy, etc.

The next thing that happens is every ten minutes or so of use you get a warning window about piracy and you have to wait for the countdown timer to expire again. You can NOT uninstall the update to revert back and you will either have to format and reinstall or restore if you have partition backup software installed, or a system recovery cd if you have an OEM install but used a duplicate key, etc.

Also a repair install will NOT correct this either.

If your using a pirated cd key, or your using more than one computer in your home with the same cd key, yes its possible but NO i will not mention how, then i suggest you disconnect any internet connection, or if your on dialup do not connect, and refuse all updates until you back up your personal data and then seek a legit copy of windows. Microsoft appears to have officially sealed the hole on XP piracy. Word is that those running 64 Bit versions also got bit by this as well.

Oh well, good for me and my wallet, bad for those who were trying to get by with a pirated copy. I see at least a week of ten hour days reinstalling systems with new legit copies of XP.

Quote Originally Posted by lestat1116
    orig na imo cooldude?
    Secret...

change again your product key.

you got to have that product key changer and a tool that generates CDkeys...
    got WGA today! hours na nga ON ako PC...online pa. pero wa pa ko kadawat sa nagging pop-ups...tingali inig reboot nako ugma bwahahaha :mrgreen:

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast