Default A 2gb RAM for my Asus Eee PC Netbook

I want to upgrade the 1Gb RAM of my Asus Eee Pc 1005PE Netbook to 2Gb or Higher to make it faster. I have read the forums in the official asus website that i can upgrade my RAM to 2gb to make it faster. They did not state that it can be higher than 2Gb, but if there is, i am really interested in upgrading my netbook. The problem is, i don't know where to find someone who can upgrade my laptop.

Can someone please help me find someone or a place that knows how to upgrade my 1gb RAM to 2gB or Higher?

What's the price range for the upgrade?

uuuuuuuuuupppppp!!!

Hi Snowfly,

I had an Asus eeepc. You can upgrade up to 2gb only by buying a DDR2 sodimm 667mhz or 800mhz and replacing what is currently installed. It only has one socket.

You can buy the Ram at most computer shops like apc, gaisano interpace or ngenius. Bring your netbook with you because they will install it for free anyway. I'm not sure if there are any for sale here at Istorya. Brand new one will cost you around 2k.

Hope this helps.

Banned User
    Blog Entries
    Just bring your netbook with you to a retail store. Have them install the ram when you purchase your 2gb sodimm ddr2. It should be free of charge. Just look around for the best priced. Also, remember to get your old 1gb ram back. You can sell it here around 800-1k.

Quote Originally Posted by nash View Post
    Hi Snowfly,

I had an Asus eeepc. You can upgrade up to 2gb only by buying a DDR2 sodimm 667mhz or 800mhz and replacing what is currently installed. It only has one socket.

You can buy the Ram at most computer shops like apc, gaisano interpace or ngenius. Bring your netbook with you because they will install it for free anyway. I'm not sure if there are any for sale here at Istorya. Brand new one will cost you around 2k.

Hope this helps.
    Thankyou so much for the advice. What's the difference between the 667mhz and 800mhz? Which store did you buy your RAM?

Quote Originally Posted by Snowfly View Post
    Thankyou so much for the advice. What's the difference between the 667mhz and 800mhz? Which store did you buy your RAM?
    Its clock speed. the greater the number the faster but it will depend on what is compatible to your netbook. Just ask the shop to check what the clock speed of your current ram is then get the same one to be safe. I got mine at Ngenius in IT Park but almost any computer shop should have it.

Quote Originally Posted by nash View Post
    its clock speed. The greater the number the faster but it will depend on what is compatible to your netbook. Just ask the shop to check what the clock speed of your current ram is then get the same one to be safe. I got mine at ngenius in it park but almost any computer shop should have it.
    thankyou!!!!!!!!!!

Default Re: A 2gb RAM for my Asus Eee PC Netbook

pm me ngeta kog netbook budget 10k below....

9.    Advertisement