Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Need feedbacks for a new animator pc, memory issue.

Hiya folks!

Currently, im into 2d animation using flash and my rig with 2gb memory can't carry the workload by flash. I really need plenty of memory for this new rig of mine. Im heading for 8gb and I dont know what memory to choose.

We assume na akong budget sa memory kay around 10k and ang target memory kay 8gb on ddr2. I don't know what kind of ddr2 to get if its either ddr2 1000, 1066, 667, etc.. because i dont really know and I dont really care what's the difference of those. Can you guys suggest a ddr2 XXX memory?

Anyways, sa brand pud. Ok ra ang mushkin? im looking forward on mushkin and corsair and i dont know which is better. Suggest here too. My target processor is a q9400 anyways.

Thanks.

unsa man model sa imo mobo? unsa pud imo videocard? and unsa imo OS?

im thinking of getting asus p5q boards. kanang naay xfire which supports fsb 1333.

videocard is any 4870. then ang OS kay 64 vista ultimate. i think i found na the answer to my question regarding ddr2 XXXs. anyways mao nalang ni akong pangutana, which is better? mushkin or corsair?

@personalmgt: are you sure di ma kaya sa rig nimo ang 2GB memory of just using FLASH? bro Im using FLASH CS4 kaya raman lage I have the ram of 2 X 1GB DDR2 PC800 Kingston no hangups etc...

If hinoon mag vista ka you would probably need a higher memory or ram, BUT dont you know vista is not good for development operating system. Windows XP still a good choice. If mag multimedia ka better choose MAC if kaya sa budget coz MAC is built for that.

Mao ni system requirements sa flash CS4 latest version.

System minimum requirements are:

Windows

* 1GHz or faster processor
    * Microsoft® Windows® XP with Service Pack 2 (Service Pack 3 recommended) or Windows Vista® Home Premium, Business, Ultimate, or Enterprise with Service Pack 1 (certified for 32-bit Windows XP and Windows Vista)
    * 1GB of RAM
    * 3.5GB of available hard-disk space for installation; additional free space required during installation (cannot install on flash-based storage devices)
    * 1,024x768 display (1,280x800 recommended) with 16-bit video card
    * DVD-ROM drive
    * QuickTime 7.1.2 software required for multimedia features
    * Broadband Internet connection required for online services*

Mac OS

* PowerPC® G5 or multicore Intel® processor
    * Mac OS X v10.4.11–10.5.4
    * 1GB of RAM
    * 4GB of available hard-disk space for installation; additional free space required during installation (cannot install on a volume that uses a case-sensitive file system or on flash-based storage devices)
    * 1,024x768 display (1,280x800 recommended) with 16-bit video card
    * DVD-ROM drive
    * QuickTime 7.1.2 software required for multimedia features
    * Broadband Internet connection required for online services*

Kabalo ka bro when you're into development you dont need a very higher specs PC in order you to experience and or to be efficient in development even duron or athlon xp still can produce well.

I hope it helps.

Hey man,
    Quote Originally Posted by yugi View Post
    @personalmgt: are you sure di ma kaya sa rig nimo ang 2GB memory of just using FLASH? bro Im using FLASH CS4 kaya raman lage I have the ram of 2 X 1GB DDR2 PC800 Kingston no hangups etc...
    Yes, modagan ang flash sa imong settings and its a little bit similar to mine. Flash runs fine if gamay gamay lang na projects(school projects LULZ). But once you go higher in intensive 2d animation, that is where masulti gyud nimo na kuwang ra ang "atong" specs. Ang typical filesizes sa akong mga animation kay mo-abot ug 8gb, imagina lang if i-render pa na tanan sa application dili kaha malipong ang atong 2gb na memory?

EDIT: PS: Im having plenty of "not enough memory" dialogs sa flash nako.
    If hinoon mag vista ka you would probably need a higher memory or ram, BUT dont you know vista is not good for development operating system. Windows XP still a good choice. If mag multimedia ka better choose MAC if kaya sa budget coz MAC is built for that.
    I know. That's the purpose why I am getting 8gb or may upgrade to higher sizes in the future(basta dili gihapon ddr3, heheee). With the existence of SP1 for vista, i am comfortable na ang akong plans kay mo-work flawlessly.

Plus a MAC? I don't think so. I'd spend 50k(half of mac's price) for a rig with enourmous amounts of ram. Kay dili man pud puro animation lang akong buhatong if mag-Mac ko. Im into some development(C#, LAMP Setups) too.

Kabalo ka bro when you're into development you dont need a very higher specs PC in order you to experience and or to be efficient in development even duron or athlon xp still can produce well.
    In the future when I get the full payment from the guy who outsourced me some 2d animation stuff, i'll migrate to 3d animation where diha gyud mo-take part ang multi-core processing

Hopefully that clarifies the irony.

Sight Beyond Sight. muzikfreakah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mushkin or OCZ
    The Wonder Pets of a Reptile Addict.

www.mytechisland.com

Quote Originally Posted by muzikfreakah View Post
    Mushkin or OCZ
    I heard you got your mushkin memory sticks for $TOOT TOOT as jiggy told me that's why im putting mushkin in the list.

@personalmgt

Before you move to 8GB, is your flash software 32 or 64bit ?

get the low latency redline mushkin bro... hehehe...

earlz is actually right. remember, 32bit can only access not more than 4gb of rams. only way is to first shift to a 64bit OS. pero, check sa if ure program runs at 32 or 64 or both. else, useless lng..

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast