Default POst All The Topic And Pictorial About "The Great Heritage Town Of Carcar."

Hello Can You Update Us About The New Development In Carcar Town.

I Heard Carcar Have The Shopping Center "Gaisano Prince Warehouse." Can You submit Photos Please?
    I Think It Is Presently Been Upgraded Into Second floor
    Anyone From CarCar Here?
    They Said Carcar Town Will Have a New Hospital This Year. Photos Please.
    They Said Carcar Town Well become a City Of Carcar.
    More of Carcar Please :mrgreen:
    Anyway Even You Are Not From Carcar Please Post.

Default Re: POst All The Topic And Pictorial About "The Great Heritage Town Of Carcar."

"Gaisano Prince Warehouse"??

i think you heard it wrong

Default Re: POst All The Topic And Pictorial About "The Great Heritage Town Of Carcar."

where will the photos be used?

I Well Just Show Some Of My Friends In United Kingdom
    And Some Friends In Manila. :mrgreen:

Itlog mo noy, oreynz! Ampaw mo nang!
    by: Arthur Q. Villordon
    Carcar is the ampaw (rice crunchies) capital of the world. All southbound vehicles pass through this southern Cebu town made popular by the ampaw and the vendors' signature statement: "itlog mo 'noy, oreynz (Eggs and orange -- a softdrink brand -- sir)." Ampaw is made of rice grain and a sugarcane extract. This sugarcane extract is very raw and makes the ampaw taste unique. Cottage industries flourished because of the ampaw. As the demand for more ampaw increased, so did the variety and quality. Ampaw is to Carcar as the Magellan's Cross is to Cebu.

Carcar is about a 2hr ride from Cebu City. This town is typical of many Cebu towns -- a town plaza, a big church edifice, and the municipio. A rotunda and an obelisk marks the place where vehicles stop and vendors hawk the days allotment of merchandise. Failing to purchase ampaw in Carcar is like going to New York without even seeing the Empire State Building. Carcar is sleepy, dusty, hot, and unpretentious. While bus drivers and their helpers exchange gossip with the vendors, passengers mill about, haggling for the best buy and still haggling for more. Two southbound roads leave Carcar: one leads to Moalboal, Badian, Matotinao, and towns further south while the other connects to Dalaguete, Oslob, and towns located on Cebu's south tip.

Carcar epitomizes traditional Filipino values of hospitality, respect for elders, and family. However, first-timers should not feel harassed when a vendor comes and says: Itlog mo 'noy oreynz! (Translated literally: Hey sir, your b___s [that where the testicles are] are orange!). Think of the humor. Buy the softdrink. And buy the ampaw to go with the softdrink.

More vignettes from: http://www.cyberbayan.org/pv/

Aha! nag merge na diay sila karon... hehehe..

bitaw, I'm hoping to get to Carcar this weekend and I'll be taking some pictures..!

Quote Originally Posted by tolstoi

Quote Originally Posted by tolstoi View Post

bwehehehe!

..hmmm....Gaisano Price Club man ngali nang naa sa car2x....

9.    Advertisement