View Poll Results: What is your DEADLIEST SIN?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lust

9 40.91%
  • Gluttony

6 27.27%
  • Greed

4 18.18%
  • Sloth

3 13.64%
  • Wrath

2 9.09%
  • Envy

5 22.73%
  • Pride

10 45.45%
  • ALL OF THE ABOVE

5 22.73%
  • NONE OF THE ABOVE

2 9.09%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Lightbulb 7 Deadly Sins...Which one are you GUILTY of?

The 7 Deadly Sins, also known as the Capital Vices or Cardinal Sins, is a classification of objectionable vices that have been used since early Christian times to educate and instruct followers concerning fallen humanity's tendency to sin. The currently recognized version of the sins are usually given as

1. wrath, Wrath (Latin, ira), also known as "rage", may be described as inordinate and uncontrolled feelings of hatred and anger. Wrath, in its purest form, presents with self-destructiveness, violence, and hate that may provoke feuds that can go on for centuries. Wrath may persist long after the person who did another a grievous wrong is dead. Feelings of anger can manifest in different ways, including impatience, revenge, and vigilantism.
    2. greed, Greed (Latin, avaritia), also known as avarice or covetousness, is, like lust and gluttony, a sin of excess. However, greed (as seen by the church) is applied to a very excessive or rapacious desire and pursuit of wealth, status, and power. St. Thomas Aquinas wrote that greed was "a sin against God, just as all mortal sins, in as much as man condemns things eternal for the sake of temporal things."
    3. sloth, Over time, the "acedia" in Pope Gregory's order has come to be closer in meaning to sloth (Latin, Socordia). The focus came to be on the consequences of acedia rather than the cause, and so, by the 17th century, the exact deadly sin referred to was believed to be the failure to utilize one's talents and gifts.[citation needed] Even in Dante's time there were signs of this change; in his Purgatorio he had portrayed the penance for acedia as running continuously at top speed.
    4. pride, In almost every list pride (Latin, superbia), or hubris, is considered the original and most serious of the seven deadly sins, and the source of the others. It is identified as a desire to be more important or attractive than others, failing to acknowledge the good work of others, and excessive love of self (especially holding self out of proper position toward God). Dante's definition was "love of self perverted to hatred and contempt for one's neighbour."
    5. lust, Lust or lechery (carnal "luxuria") is usually thought of as excessive thoughts or desires of a sexual nature. In Dante's Purgatorio, the penitent walks within flames to purge himself of lustful/sexual thoughts and feelings. In Dante's "Inferno", unforgiven souls of the sin of lust are blown about in restless hurricane-like winds symbolic of their own lack of self control to their lustful passions in earthly life.
    6. envy, Like greed, Envy (Latin, invidia) may be characterized by an insatiable desire; they differ, however, for two main reasons : First, greed is largely associated with material goods, whereas envy may apply more generally.Second, those who commit the sin of envy resent that another person has something they perceive themselves as lacking, and wish the other person to be deprived of it.
    7. gluttony Derived from the Latin gluttire, meaning to gulp down or swallow, gluttony (Latin, gula) is the over-indulgence and over-consumption of anything to the point of waste. In the Christian religions, it is considered a sin because of the excessive desire for food or its withholding from the needy.[13]

In 1589, Peter Binsfeld paired each of the deadly sins with a demon, who tempted people by means of the associated sin. According to Binsfeld's classification of demons, the pairings are as follows

This contrasts slightly with an earlier series of pairings found in the fifteenth century English Lollard tract Lanterne of Light, which pairs Lucifer with Pride, Beelzebub with Envy, Satan/Amon with Wrath, Abadon with Sloth, Mammon with Avarice, Belphegor with Gluttony and Asmodeus with Lust.[18]

It takes a lot of COURAGE to admit what you have, but hey, that is life and if those are TRUE, then whatever hiding you make, still you know deep inside your heart that you cannot HIDE it coz God sees and knows everything!

• So tell me, what are you GUILTY of?
    • What is/are your DEADLY SINS that you are GUILTY of?
    • What is your MOST deadliest sin and your LESS deadliest sin?

God bless everyone and have a BLESSED WEEKEND!

Default Re: 7 Deadly Sins...Which one are you GUILTY of?

murag complete attendance man ta ani...lolx

-sloth, pinakagrabe nako...
    Last edited by blu bizcuitz; 11-13-2011 at 08:48 PM. Reason: lolx

Quote Originally Posted by blu bizcuitz View Post
    murag complete attendance man ta ani...lolx

-sloth, pinakagrabe nako...
    Abi nako LUST imung pinaka grabeh! hehehe Joke!

Btw, kalimot kog butang sa ako, I guess for me, PRIDE akong pinaka! I have a hard time forgiving people when they have done me so wrong!

i have 4.. and i dont believe thats a sin.. none of theme are sins.. its just the way of the life..

denying it, would be a sin..

Wrath - Dive deep in my mind.
    Greed - Not so.
    Sloth - Oh yes. Buy not that high.
    Pride - Mild
    LUST - Given
    Envy - Given too.
    Gluttony - Nah. Sometimes. Rarely.

Result:

Why am i still alive?

Quote Originally Posted by FreezedEntity View Post
    Wrath - Dive deep in my mind.
    Greed - Not so.
    Sloth - Oh yes. Buy not that high.
    Pride - Mild
    LUST - Given
    Envy - Given too.
    Gluttony - Nah. Sometimes. Rarely.

Result:

Why am i still alive?
    you are still alive(physically) kay ni tugot pa ang Gino-o..

why do you think naay bitin sa garden of eden?

Blog Entries

LUST - kang kuan ra
    PRIDE - halos tanan tao mao man guro sad ang problema... di matugkad nga pride... i cant really say nga ma-pride kaayo ko nga tao... kay ikapila naman ko tamak-tamaki makapasaylo ra man japon ko... but there are just certain circumstances nga di najud sad ko mo-ila ug tao kung naa sila nabuhat nga nasakitan na jud kaayo ko...
    ENVY - in this unfair world, normal ra man guro ni masina ta... ang nakabati siguro kung sa kasina, manakit nakag laing tao....

Blog Entries

I vote none of the above.

Nag bag-o na man gud ko ron. Nag sugod na man gud ko ka mature base sa akong namatikdan sa akong kaugalingon.

Quote Originally Posted by angel_brey View Post
    Abi nako LUST imung pinaka grabeh! hehehe Joke!

Btw, kalimot kog butang sa ako, I guess for me, PRIDE akong pinaka! I have a hard time forgiving people when they have done me so wrong!
    contrary nuon, lust ang pinakabottom nako along with pride...

Blog Entries

LUST and GLUTTONY! hahahaha my "guilty" pleasures! ahahahaha!

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast