Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default The Advantage of Pinoys Being "paki-alamero"

First off, check this report from CNN:

Woman dies ignored on hospital waiting room floor
    Woman dies ignored on hospital waiting room floor - CNN.com

" NEW YORK (AP) -- City hospital officials said they were shocked by surveillance footage showing a woman falling from her chair, writhing on the floor and dying as workers failed to help for more than an hour.
    Surveillance video shows a woman lying on the hospital floor for almost an hour before anyone helped her.

Surveillance video shows a woman lying on the hospital floor for almost an hour before anyone helped her.

Esmin Green, 49, had been waiting in the emergency room for nearly 24 hours when she toppled from her seat at 5:32 a.m. June 19, falling face-down on the floor.

She was dead by 6:35, when someone on the medical staff, flagged down by a person in the waiting room, finally approached, nudged Green with her foot and gently prodded her shoulder, as if to wake her.

The staffer left and returned with someone wearing a white lab coat who examined her and summoned help.

Until the staffer's appearance, Green's collapse barely caused a ripple. Other patients waiting a few feet away didn't react. Security guards and a member of the hospital's staff appeared to notice her prone body at least three times but made no visible attempt to see whether she needed help.

One guard didn't even leave his chair, rolling it around a corner to stare at the body and then rolling away a few moments later.

Green, who had been involuntarily committed the previous morning and had waited overnight for a bed, stopped moving about half an hour after she collapsed.

The New York City Health and Hospitals Corporation, which runs the hospital, said six people have been fired as a result of the incident, including security personnel and members of the medical staff.

Now you know why our medical personnel are in demand abroad, esp. in developed, "walang paki" nga mga countries...

...kasi tayong mga pinoy, even if it's none of our business, mahilig tayong maki-usyoso (uzi-mentality) and mahilig makialam. These are traits that I personally dislike, yet I just realized that, this trait may actually save lives. I bet if there was a pinay nurse or doctor among the staffers in that ER, this woman may have had a better chance of survival. Just my opinion.

-RODION

bwahahahaha...naa sad d ay nay advantage wahahaha

naa sab ka point rodsky.. bilib jud ko sa imo point of view..ahehehe

hehehe

bitaw2x.

it may sound funny but naa ra ba juy point.

grabe mn pud na oi...dili wala man jud pakialam. but you have a point there, sir rodion. we hate being called pakialamero pero with that small way, makatabang ta sa uban.

sa New York pa jud na nahitabo... grabeha pod ana oi murag labaw pa man sa public hospitals nato dri...

The news is totally NOT relevant to what the Pinoy's "values and traits" towards working in the medical industry. It doesn't even mention on what are the nationalities of those who are working during the incident.

Blog Entries
    Kung Pinoy kaha ang naa didto mutabang sa kaha?Basin mangusyuso lang.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rance View Post
    The news is totally NOT relevant to what the Pinoy's "values and traits" towards working in the medical industry. It doesn't even mention on what are the nationalities of those who are working during the incident.
    Which is precisely why I started the thread--to invoke discussion on the matter. I am indeed curious if the usual nature of Pinoy's being inquisitive and being nosey can actually lead to a situation wherein it can save a life. Kung alam ko na yung result I wouldn't have bothered to post it as a topic.

-RODION

Pinoy nurses in NY is only a small portion of the total population in the medical industry on that area.. it so happend that there was a recent fruad that involves the Filipino workers (nurses, PT, health workers etc with fake working visa) that's why it hype up in the news. Not to mention it gives a very bad image of the Filipino workers in this industry in general. Kanang opinion nimo mu tabang maayo ra nas sugod brod but those nurses who are working here for awhile now mga hilas na kaayo tapulan pa gyud maka ingon ka may pa puti nga nurse to ni tabang nako tarong pa istoryahon.
    Last edited by Rance; 07-02-2008 at 11:50 AM.

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast