Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Constituent Assembly or Constitutional Convention?

I go for Constitutional Convention.

If by Constituent Assembly --- as proposed by GMA and Jose De Venecia --- what guarantees do we have poor and powerless people that Congress will protect our vision of a better quality of life?

Now here is my shameless, self-serving agenda:

Seriously, if by Constitutional Convention, I plan to vie for a space in the delegation. And during campaign for the delegation, I am prepared to draft the full body of the new Constitution so that the people will know from where I will be coming.

I know that my education, experience, lifestyle and sentiment will qualify me better than most politicians.

Default Re: Constituent Assembly or Constitutional Convention?

agree with you 200% sir... Con-A$$ will only benefit the a$$ holes in congress.

Yes. According to Murphy's Law of Philippine Politics:

Representatives, they won't.

sir, i was able to see the 1st Mindanao Political Leaders Summit aired over NBN few Sundays ago, there was a politician (i forgot the name) endorsing the Constituent Assembly if ever there will be a charter change. he himself was a delegate to the Constitutional Convention. he was endorsing Con Ass, because aside from its being easy and unexpensive, according to him, it would be difficult to put a time frame in a Constitutional Convention. in fact, should Marcos hadnt declared Martial Law, dili jud kuno to mahuman ang ConCon. tinoud ni?

Quote Originally Posted by estor_boot
    sir, i was able to see the 1st Mindanao Political Leaders Summit aired over NBN few Sundays ago, there was a politician (i forgot the name) endorsing the Constituent Assembly if ever there will be a charter change. he himself was a delegate to the Constitutional Convention. he was endorsing Con Ass, because aside from its being easy and unexpensive, according to him, it would be difficult to put a time frame in a Constitutional Convention. in fact, should Marcos hadnt declared Martial Law, dili jud kuno to mahuman ang ConCon. tinoud ni?
    estor_boot,

1. "ConAss is easy and unexpensive" --- But why should we be tighfisted in recrafting our fundamental law? It is the fundamental law of the land and it should therefore be given all the resources needed!

2. "Marcos" --- In the first place, the ousted despot FEMarcos was not in any way interested in having the Constitution of that time changed. The ascendancy of Cory Aquino saw the building of a new Constitution in 3 months.

- Changing the system of Govenment cannot change our current situation

1. "ConAss is easy and unexpensive" --- But why should we be tighfisted in recrafting our fundamental law? It is the fundamental law of the land and it should therefore be given all the resources needed!
    ngano tinihikan man ni nato ang usa ka botang nga possibly makapalambo sa atong nasud? magtinihik sila para gusto nila ang pundo adto mo punta sa ilahang pork barrel.

If we want change, we must start by educating our people, enlightening them

If we want change, we must start by educating our people, enlightening them

im not good in politics so i guess its really interesting reading all your posts guys..its nice to know different ideas comming from different people...

i'd go for whatever works for our country and for our people...sige go...

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast