Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Family Jewels: Pearls of Wisdom

This thread is for those pearls of wisdom that our grandparents, parents, uncles, aunts, kuyas, ates, siblings, cousins, wives, in-laws, heck even close friends throw around and guess what, we figure them to be true!

From my Uncle Joey, My mother's younger brother, retired Coycoy Batch '73, Colocoy forever:

"I rather be good friends with a beautiful woman rather than with a rich man."

From my Father concerning Automobile brands:

"I just don't like to buy KIA cars. It's just their name KIA-- nakakaturn - off. Parang MIA~ Missing In Action. KIA, Killed in Action."

From my Mother and also her mother, my Grand-mother:

"Rest? Rest?! Adto didto sa lubong, didto ka mag rest in peace!"

From my Father, concerning on sons and daughters bearing grandchildren:

"When a Son starts to have a family, its somewhat 50-50 that you're sure your son's kids are your grandkids~ At least with a Daughter who has children you're sure a 100% No doubts that they're your grandchildren."

C.I.A. Platinum Member chadix24_7's Avatar

Default Re: Family Jewels: Pearls of Wisdom

akong lolo:

no matter what you do, be honest... maski ug patyon paka tungod sa imong pag ka honest.

Quote Originally Posted by chadix24_7
    akong lolo:

no matter what you do, be honest... maski ug patyon paka tungod sa imong pag ka honest.
    Honesty goes a long way...

Quote Originally Posted by diem

From my Uncle Joey, My mother's younger brother, retired Coycoy Batch '73, Colocoy forever:

"I rather be good friends with a beautiful woman rather than with a rich man."

VERY Interesting!

[color=navy]My grandfather, the father of my mother, always says that out of all the Ten Commandments of the Lord, only one-- ONLY ONE-- tells of a reward if obeyed wholeheartedly.

Honor your father and your mother, as the Lord your God commanded you,so that your days may be long and that it may go well with you in the land that the Lord your God is giving you. Deuteronomy 5:6-21

Laging sinasabi ng lolo ko, ama ng mama ko, "Honor your parents; long life and prosperity will be with you. Nandiyan iyan sa Ten Commandments."

Quote Originally Posted by diem
    [color=navy]My grandfather, the father of my mother, always says that out of all the Ten Commandments of the Lord, only one-- ONLY ONE-- tells of a reward if obeyed wholeheartedly.

Honor your father and your mother, as the Lord your God commanded you,so that your days may be long and that it may go well with you in the land that the Lord your God is giving you. Deuteronomy 5:6-21

Laging sinasabi ng lolo ko, ama ng mama ko, "Honor your parents; long life and prosperity will be with you. Nandiyan iyan sa Ten Commandments."
    correct ka jan!

nice ang start sa thread..
    funny but true..

Whatever you do, always give your Best!

My father taught me the value of being self-reliant and having pride (lots of it, actually) :

Love yourself 'coz you're the only one who can help YOU....not your family, friends or love ones...

^^ @ diem: Hahaha! Surely, brains runs in your family.

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast