Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Who's into Lake Tanganyikan Cichlids?

Who's into East African cichlids here? I have a spare tank and im planning to start a new cichlid aquarium...

Anybody here knows where i can get me some Altolamprologus calvus, Altolamprologus Compressiceps, Cyphotilapia frontosa, Boulengerochromis microlepis, Anomalochromis thomasi (i do hope i still get them species names correctly, im getting a bit rusty with them scientific names)??

Quote Originally Posted by herp_doctor View Post
    Who's into East African cichlids here? I have a spare tank and im planning to start a new cichlid aquarium...

Anybody here knows where i can get me some Altolamprologus calvus, Altolamprologus Compressiceps, Cyphotilapia frontosa, Boulengerochromis microlepis, Anomalochromis thomasi (i do hope i still get them species names correctly, im getting a bit rusty with them scientific names)??
    Sir, I suggest you go to white gold club... They do have stocks of tanganyikans sometimes... But they sell fast though and all are very cheap...

Quote Originally Posted by herp_doctor View Post

@ migthy doc

i have frontoza before its nice ..it reaches almost 5 inches wid hump on the head ...i think territorial ni cla na fish ...den i switch to pogi boys......

my i like cichlids i use to buy it in cdo. sayang kaau ako fishes sa iligan sauna

hmmm d ko kabalo sa difference sa cichlids sa tanganyeka, malawi, og victoria. hehehe

Blog Entries
    well, anywhere else i can find them fishies??

try in riverfront aquaria sir or in manalili.. maybe you can find it there...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by radslik View Post
    try in riverfront aquaria sir or in manalili.. maybe you can find it there...
    did tried the place, but they didnt have ay of these species im lookng for...

suwayi si sir eskeryon naa man na siya cichlid daghan..ipm lang cya..na riverfront frontosa man cguro to gamay nalang nahibilin..

try to pm pipers petshop sir.. or try to call this number 3440911, 4127423.. pipers petshop located in banilad...

those sp are not readily found available in cebu altolamprologous esp. ,except Cyphotilapia frontosa (burundi variant they have it here. shipment comes once in awhile , only one person I know of who can get Boulengerochromis microlepis, Anomalochromis thomasi in manila too.. so in manila is your best bet to get those sp. Pipers can help you too they got suppliers there who bring in rare cichlids.

really nice to find out. that your interested on lake tanganyikan tank not much keepers of them here. use to keep Neolamprologus brichardi , cylindricus, brichardi ,leleupi.... really like the tanganyikan biotope.. hope get my self a cyphotilapia colony within the year dont know which variant yet.

Good luck in hunting.. and also pardon my spelling of the scientifc names bad at it too..

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast