Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default How can you not hate the sinner?

dba it's said that "hate the sin and not the sinner"...?

but unsaon man na., mu.hate man jud ka sa sinner.., especially if what he has done can ruin ur family...,? that u cant even feel any remorse from him..,? that para niya what he did to your family is just okay when he knows that for you super dili okay iya gbuhat?

how can you not hate the sinner?

i am trying to be a good person.., a good daughter.., a good sister..,

but what he has done to the family is bringing disgrace to each and everyone of us..,

be a saint or be a sinner

first... your just being human...
    second... It's also said.....

"love one another"
    "Love your enemies"

.... "as I have loved you..."

in life...bad and good things happen for a reason...
    no matter how we look at it... there is a reason for everything...
    these reasons may not be favorable to you... to your family...or to anybody else...
    these reasons are there... so that life will change... (change towards negative or positive, bad or good.... etc)
    it could be your life... his/her life... their lives... or anybody's life,....

if you'lll learn how to see beyond what has happened, and accept the fact that everybody plays a role
    in this life...(including "he", the one u hate), and that there is a reason why all these had happened, by then you will learn how to not hate (him) the sinner.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by staphylococcus View Post
    dba it's said that "hate the sin and not the sinner"...?

but unsaon man na., mu.hate man jud ka sa sinner.., especially if what he has done can ruin ur family...,? that u cant even feel any remorse from him..,? that para niya what he did to your family is just okay when he knows that for you super dili okay iya gbuhat?

how can you not hate the sinner?

i am trying to be a good person.., a good daughter.., a good sister..,

but what he has done to the family is bringing disgrace to each and everyone of us..,
    think of the time when you were younger and did something really awful and hurt someone. looking back at that time now, you feel shame and remorse, right? YOU were someone who had poor insight, no enlightenment. it's not right to keep on feeling the shame. somehow you've got to forgive yourself.

you can extend the same forgiveness to this person who has wronged your family. HE is unenlightened; his ACTIONS are hurtful. we can see a bit of distinction here. keep that distinction to give your heart a rest from hating someone.

forgive and forget ....naa man gyuy tawo ingon ana...moforgive man gani si God nato much pa kaha ta mo forgive sa mga nakasala nato

who is 'he' you are talking about?, your father?

TS, you speak in riddles. Please enlighten us with your story. What sin are you talking about and which family member is the perpetrator?

You question is a general one; answers will always be relative to the situation and the gravity of the offense.

Quote Originally Posted by the Messenger View Post
    TS, you speak in riddles. Please enlighten us with your story. What sin are you talking about and which family member is the perpetrator?

You question is a general one; answers will always be relative to the situation and the gravity of the offense.
    yeah.., i do.., somehow i don't really want the world to know who that person is.., all i am asking is how it is possible to not hate the sinner.., i know that he is not perfect.., i know that i am not perfect.., that is why i am searching for ways not to hate him.., yet somehow.., all the things i have done is not enough.., i don't wanna hate for it is a very taxing emotion and it steals away happiness that could have been..,

.. sin is just subjective. But if you felt that someone has hurted you, you only have two choices: to forgive or to get revenge. Don't be such a sassy-kitty thinking things over, do what deems appropriate for you.

Sorry to probe, but I'm curious what the offense *is*.

I think the following are "almost unforgivable" -- that is, although reason dictates that to forgive such acts is synonymous to stupidity, time will eventually heal your angst but will make you more cautious of your dealings with your very own family members: incest, rape, domestic violence, philandering, peddling family members for prostitution.

It's really hard to talk about love and forgiveness, when you're blinded with anger and resentment. Forgiveness is also difficult to do if your trust is already broken.

Just my thoughts.

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast