Page 1 of 31 123411 ... LastLast

Default "MONEY is the source of all EVIL." Agree or Disagree? Why?

mutuo ka nga ang kwarta mao maka ingon sa ka hugaw sa tao??

Elite Member
    Blog Entries

Default Re: do you believe that money is the root of all evil??

Quote Originally Posted by donix
    the love of money is the root of all evil, not the money itself

Quote Originally Posted by donix
    Both, good and bad.

Bro, money is not the root of all evil but Money is a root of all evil.

Try to read bible versions, its different when you say "is a root of all evil" than "is the root of all evil".

Because when you use "THE" it will be a definite article towards money.

Satan/Evil is the root or all evil.

For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil: which some reaching after have been led astray from the faith, and have pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

I Timothy 6:10
    The American Standard Version

For the love of money is a root of all evils, of which some having lusted after, they were seduced from the faith and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

Modern King James Version

For the love of money is a root of all evil: and some whose hearts were fixed on it have been turned away from the faith, and been wounded with unnumbered sorrows.

Bible in Basic English

For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.
    New International Version

The interest towards money drew man to do evil.

Peace!

Rcruman wrote:

I beg to differ. Satan is not the root of all evil. Sin is. Even without Satan, a man can still commit sin because of the sinful nature that man possesses. Sin took hold of Satan's heart and corrupted him. With sin in his heart, he then rebelled against God. Now the question is: "where did sin come from?" I dont know, the Bible does not state it.

I would like to add to what rcruman posted:

Due to some inaccuracies in translation, some are misled to think that the love of money is the root of all evil.

Example: King James Version

1Ti 6:10 For the love of money is the root of all evil

In Greek language the presence of the definite article "identifies" while the absence of it qualifies. To employ the definite article "THE" identifies the one and only root cause of all evil, and that is the love of money. We are then saying that all sin and evil springs from the love of money.

If one says that the love of money is THE root of all evil, then we asked the question: how about those ages when money was not used? Did Satan rebel against God because he loved money?

The correct translation: New King James Version

The revisers of the the King James Version spotted this inaccuracy and so therefore in their revision of the King James, they made this appropriate correction:

1Ti 6:10 For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil,

If one looks at the original Bible in Greek, there is no definite article "The" right before the word "root". And so the translators translated it as:" the love of money is A root of al kinds of evil."

now that is correct theology. the love of money then, the verse is saying, is one of the roots of all kinds of evil. It is not THE root, rather it is A root of all kinds of evil.

Certainly there are many other roots of all kinds of evil aside from GREED for money like LUST, HATRED, JEALOUSY etc. How many people do a lot of sinful things because of LUSt. Many people do lots of horrendous deeds due to HATRED. And many people do a lot of crazier things still for the love of money.

This is just rhetorical question...no need to bring religion into it. Besides, this shouldn't be a religion board.

sometimes

C.I.A.
    Blog Entries

...for the love of--

if you make it your god... yes...

Quote Originally Posted by Ironside
    Rcruman wrote:

I beg to differ. Satan is not the root of all evil. Sin is. Even without Satan, a man can still commit sin because of the sinful nature that man possesses. Sin took hold of Satan's heart and corrupted him. With sin in his heart, he then rebelled against God. Now the question is: "where did sin come from?" I dont know, the Bible does not state it.
    even without satan a man can still commit sin?
    Its because of Adam sins enter to this world and it came from satan.

12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:
    Romans 5:12.

and satan sparked Adam to commit sin.

and Satan was/is/will be:
    44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
    JOhn 8:44.

Peace!

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 31 123411 ... LastLast