Elite Member
    Blog Entries

Default has anyone tried using apple airport extreme?

mods please delete if a thread like this has already existed.

can anyone tell me what exactly this for?its advantage and how to properly set it up?
    im not a pc geek and the manual that comes with it doesn't really tell you everything and another thing...

anyone tried the applecare protection plan? how do you use this thing? i bought one that covers for 3 years but i honestly don't know what exactly its meant for

i just got a macbook air 2011 after downgrading from the pro cause i find it heavy to carry around the first pro i had,i dropped it,I'm a total klutz thats why i shifted to air.got an iPad 2 but having hard time composing emails due to lack of keyboard quality and air seems to be the closest to iPad 2

Default Re: has anyone tried using apple airport extreme?

Wireless router ra man ning airport. With it you can create a home network (share internet connection, print wirelessly, share files, etc) for up to 10 users.

Here's a simple how to:

http://www.apple.com/airportexpress/setup.html

Elite Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by burikoy12 View Post
    Wireless router ra man ning airport. With it you can create a home network (share internet connection, print wirelessly, share files, etc) for up to 10 users.

Here's a simple how to:

Apple - AirPort Express - Easy Setup
    sir i have the extreme not the express and it says in the box up to 50 users.

do you know how far the range coverage?doesnt say in the book

Apple - AirPort Extreme - Technical Specs

The apple site says it's good for a range of 150ft, in open area, it should absolutely connect at 30 feet! I asked about connecting to other wireless points because wireless signals can be flaky. Commercial buildings with metal stud walls and metal reinforced concrete can stop wireless signals cold. Also, the "g" frequency is the same as cordless phones and microwaves. Even fluorescent light ballasts can wreak havoc with the signal. Standard wood frame residential shouldn't be a problem, though.

You will never really get a 100% signal. A 60%-ish signal sounds like what you should get. A 40-50% signal is pretty good for being upstairs. We have a router downstairs that gets a signal of about 30% in my room (~35 feet) so it sounds like you're getting a good signal.

5.    Advertisement