Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Programming for GUI

hi guys dha sa mga maayu ug programming

unsay programming language nindot para GUI?
    actually computer engineering ko na student pero
    wa ko ka agi ug program ug GUI hehe

para ta ni sa ako thesis kay mag himo ko ug system

Windows, Linux or OSX?

Oh yeah sorry sa kulang na information Windows sir naa koy basic background in java,c,c++

nindot is a matter of preference. Try lang nang mga toolkit para GUI anang 3 nga imong gimention dayon pilia imong nauyunan

Salamat sir uhmmm naa ta koy pangutana maka support ning 3 ug serial communication? Ako system g propose man gud kay mo dawat ug data sa com port

If Windows try ug MVVM framework. On top na siya sa WPF nga GUI platform sa Windows.

for windows your options are;
    for C/C++ go for MFC or native Win32
    for .NET (C#/VB) you have WPF, Windows forms
    you can also use QT in windows or linux.

for java? nope i dont recommend UI tools in java, they are way to slow than any other, java is good for background processing and not for desktop app.

Quote Originally Posted by cebugdev View Post
    for windows your options are;
    for C/C++ go for MFC or native Win32
    for .NET (C#/VB) you have WPF, Windows forms
    you can also use QT in windows or linux.

for java? nope i dont recommend UI tools in java, they are way to slow than any other, java is good for background processing and not for desktop app.
    performance - Why do people still say Java is slow? - Programmers Stack Exchange

to be fair you posted an argument by one person, here are the points;
    1. also, Java is written in C++. Virtual machine is written in C++.
    2. count the steps.
    Java ->Java compiler to Byte Code->Java execution in JVM->JVM execution in native ---> 4 steps
    C/C++ -> Program compiling-> Program execution in native -> 3 steps

3 < 4, which is faster?
    Dude, ive been developing software since you are still playing with toys, ive been jumping platforms to platforms and comparing speed.

3. the thing mentioned in your link DOES NOT mention UI, the OP ask for programming a UI.

here is my PhP 50,000 pesos challenge to you, can you create a UI in Java and measure its performance, and create a native UI in C/C++ and measure its performance?
    if ang Java with UI is more faster than in C/C++ native, send me screenshot, and profiling data, ill send you 50k in your paypal, if not by first try. send me double.

if you are that confident, take the challenge.

4. THE POST was made by a java fanboy (facepalm), read the other arguments please.. nakakatawa ka

5. Have you seen a commercial software desktop application with UI written i Java? the answer is NO, Java is powering backend like websites, etc. But not heavy desktop applications for reasons. And ofcourse java is powering mobile applications, coz they are not as heavy and as big as desktop applications. Java can power mobile app as evidence by Android APp, but these are small apps only, and the same Apps can be powered by NDK (C/C++).

Imagine how slow is when Microsoft word is written in Java or a browser written in Java? the truth is Professionals do not use Java for desktop UI for obvious reasons

Java powers the backbone, but icant power UI for desktop. The link you provided does not even help you

7. lastly sabta pd intawn ako post oi, what i said is "I dont recommend UI tools for JAVA", it can be use for backend processes, your post with regards to Google or ebay by a java fanboy (luis.espinal) does not help your argument.
    These companies uses Java as backend and they dont have a desktop UI app. Once again OP is asking for a UI tool in Desktop.

Sabta pd kung naay time palihug, ayaw pataka ug yawit.
    Last edited by cebugdev; 11-03-2014 at 07:50 AM.

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast