Default Help me choose the right memory for my PC please!

Hello!

I want to buy an additional memory for my PC, however, I don't know which memory is compatible with my computer. I would appreciate all the help I can get in choosing the right RAM.

My mamaboard (i know it's really motherboard of course) is MSI KM4M-V, my processor is AMD Sempron 2400+, i have an existing 256MB 256 MB DDR 333 memory.

If you need more info, let me know.

Thanks!!

Default Re: Help me choose the right memory for my PC please!

If you're planning to just add an extra stick of RAM to your existing setup then i suggest you get the exact same module if you can find one or at least the closest one to it. That way you eliminate the possibility of incompatibilities or instability. I'm not saying other brands will not work, as long as you get one with the same spec (PC2700 DDR333), it will but getting the same one would be the safer choice.

Incase you're actually planning to completely change that then you'd have a wider array of choices depending on the usage of your PC. For normal home/office work, internet, etc...i guess generic brands will do. Although, you can also get value versions of branded ones (kingston, geil, corsair, etc.) for durability and flexibility...it'll cost you just a little extra.

If you wanna OC, then that's a different story which i won't bore you with unless that's what you really intend to do. hehe!

256, 512 mb PC-2700 (DDR333)

pwede sad

256, 512mb PC-3200 (DDR400)

Blog Entries

he's right ,...just check your mobo manual..naa ra man nahh dha unsay compatible sa mobo nimo..thanks..
    Quote Originally Posted by angkuy
    If you're planning to just add an extra stick of RAM to your existing setup then i suggest you get the exact same module if you can find one or at least the closest one to it. That way you eliminate the possibility of incompatibilities or instability. I'm not saying other brands will not work, as long as you get one with the same spec (PC2700 DDR333), it will but getting the same one would be the safer choice.

Incase you're actually planning to completely change that then you'd have a wider array of choices depending on the usage of your PC. For normal home/office work, internet, etc...i guess generic brands will do. Although, you can also get value versions of branded ones (kingston, geil, corsair, etc.) for durability and flexibility...it'll cost you just a little extra.

If you wanna OC, then that's a different story which i won't bore you with unless that's what you really intend to do. hehe!

1 - PQI DDR PC 333 256MB - pwede ni sya?

Thanks guys!

mga bai, unsa pros and cons kung taas imo memory? naa ba ni cya limit? paki explain daw sa ako, thanks.

1 - PQI DDR PC 333 256MB - pwede ni sya?

Thanks guys!

yup pwede ra na... just to be sure, ask lang sa imo palitan if pwede ba sila ang motaod kay para ma test nila ug tarong para walay mahay ba!

Hi Angkuy! thanks

How about HP 256MB DDR PC 2100? pwede ra?

i'm not so sure if you can make two RAM modules with different frequencies work..but i think you're better off with the PQI PC2700, murag gamay ra man siguro difference sa price?!

11.    Advertisement