Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default The Smashing Pumpkins

Quote Originally Posted by annais
    to those who want Smashing Pumpkins back, i'm keeping my fingers crossed with you!
    One of many influential alt-rock bands that came out of the 90's era, and one of the most successful bands out of Chicago, the Smashing Pumpkins have placed the windy city on Rocks' map with their nifty little songs, trippy videos, heavy-duty musical narration, hitting everyone with rock opera with one swoop..

But they slowly crumbled like any good cookie thru 5 albums(plus the B-sides album) and years of internal conflict in the band, which made it clear of their inevitable break-up.

A string of solo efforts, new bands came into the fold but the fans are still looking for the Pumpkins.

Now, The Great Pumpkin tells all in brutal detail.

After battling his inner demons and keeping things to himself for a long time. He does want the Pumpkins back. BADLY.
    (Defunct Bands, on annais' post-- quoted statement)

On his own website, he has been pouring himself out of things that was known to be OFF-LIMITS to the public before. After going thru therapy with the Pumpkins, now he is trying to do one on his own, embracing all that has happened all through the years. Thru "Witnessing", corgan is slowly healing himself by embracing what has happened in his past.

TheFutureEmbrace, his Solo Project, tells us another set of his "little songs" that also is part of his effort to make the wounds heal and get the Pumpkins back. He said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Corgan
    TheFutureEmbrace' represents a new beginning, not an ending. It picks up the thread of the as-yet-unfinished work and charter of The Smashing Pumpkins.
    Still we might not see or hear them play together NOW. But maybe SOON. Hope springs eternal.

And YES, I am hopeful that the Pumpkins will be BACK. Are you?

In the end, cowards are those who follow the dark side.

Default Re: The Smashing Pumpkins

I am HOPING also ... I miss 1979!!!!

i can only imagine what james iha and d'arcy are thinking... especially d'arcy. what's the chance that the reunion will be as good as the old? personally, i can't think of many groups who've reunited and created better music.

heck! i'm still hoping for a billy + jimmy + james + d'arcy = smashing pumpkins come back.... so i can die happy

long live The Smashing Pumpkins, the greatest band in the world....

i doubt the reunion though.

Blog Entries

I hope it would happen. Really.

But we are sure this won't happen in the near future. There's a lot of healing that has to be done. Still a long process.

PLUS, the fact that the other guys are busy with their other projects. For example:

James Iha - Too busy doing gigs with his supergroup A PERFECT CIRCLE and his new band VANESSA & the O's. An unlikely union, a Parisian chanteuse (Vanessa Quinones), two Swedes (Niclas Frisk [Atomic Swing], Andreas Mattson [Popsicle]) and him.

Also, Iha & D' Arcy are too busy promoting new bands under their own label, Scratchie Records --- this people are too busy.

Still, I hope they would get back together... FINGERS CROSSED.

In the end, cowards are those who follow the dark side.

I'll quote Beavis & Butthead w/ regard to one of their videos...

Butthead: Dude, this band is called smashing pumpkins... i don't see any smashing...

Beavis: ...And I don't see any pumpkins either!

<== LTNP here ah....

see ya tomorrow, dude!

i love this band. hope they'll be back.

Smashing pumpkins s great.. usahay saputon lang ko kay talinis kaayo og tingog ila vocalist but i like ther song Perfect.
    Still bugging in the forums thru his offensive posts. FIRST WARNING

1979 and Bullet with butterfly wings, I can never forget these songs.

Post moderated.. sobra ra imong patagad dong, sige man kag pangitag bikil

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast