Default asa man mas nindot nga videocard?? Geforce or ATI radeon??

asa man mas nindot sa duha kay naa plano ko buy...

Default Re: asa man mas nindot nga videocard?? Geforce or ATI radeon??

To be honest mate, both VGU chip makers are neck to neck with each other and have a wide range of options to cater any of your video horsepower needs. Their both good at what they do. Just when you think the nVidia based card you bought was the fastest kid on the block... ATI will then come up with something new which is 10fps faster on FEAR. Kita ray gi-buang mga consumers.

It really comes down what you need it for? What games you gonna be playing much of it on ? And of course, how much you can afford.

This VGA chart below from Toms Hardware gives a good comparison:
    http://www23.tomshardware.com/graphics.html

Lets break it down into several parts

Speed;

Geforce 7 is The fastest videocard on the planet as of date IF the game was specifically coded for that videocard specially on OpenGL games the GeForce7 slaps ATI's R580 around.But other games its on par or slower than R580, specially at higher resolution and high AA/AF the gap widens more.If you want specific games to be marignally faster like 3~10% more FPS and slower on some by all means get an nVidia card.. but if you want an overall good performing card get an ATI

Image Quality:

ATI has been known for its better image quality offering since the 8500Pro days and nvidia started to improve it during the GeForce 6 series. Geforce 7 offers more anti alliasiang types and a higher AA range than ATI but sadly those AA types/range cant be playable at high settings but i can breath a new image quality to your already dated game.

Technology:

nVidia was always leading on the graphics technology and ATI follows, nvidia is the first to implement a feature at has to wait for 1 or 2 generation cycles of videocards before it can be fully used, like what happend to SM3.0 and HDR, other instance is SLi and Crossfire altho 3dfx was the first one to come out with Sli but nvidia implemented it first over ATI

Driver Support:
    This is based only on what i observed in a number of forums most people dont really like the driver support of nvidia as they tend to release lots of beta's before the final version but on the other hand some people like those beta compared to the final release, on ATI's side you can expect minimal beta's and about once or twice a month of release.

I used to be an nvidia user, started with GeForce 1 DDR,Geforce 3Ti500,Geforce4 Ti4200 then shifted to ATI 9700Pro,X800,X850

the post i made above is just my 2cents.

@ryan,

obemon and earl are correct. take into consideration your mobo too, i-match pud and imong mobo sa v-card. most high end Vcard are 8x plus, basin ang mobo nimo 4x ra, so useless lang gihapon. it's just like running your sport car sa sanciangko instead sa high way di ba? hope naka tabang ni gamay..

never had good luck with ati, so nvidia for me

Blog Entries

it only comes down with the series model

Quote Originally Posted by t3ChNo™
    it only comes down with the series model
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __

yup sakto ka bro! based from experience, there are some lemon from ATI / NVidia...

so nvidia it is.. hehhe btaw mga bros. thank u sa advice.. maybe nvidia nlang.. more power to u bros.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan_boy22
    so nvidia it is.. hehhe btaw mga bros. thank u sa advice.. maybe nvidia nlang.. more power to u bros.
    good luck on you choice! and may it never cause you anyprobles, may it be nVidia or ATI

Quote Originally Posted by ryan_boy22
    The one good thing I could say bout nVidia is their drivers. I never really had issues with them. ATI on the other hand... well lets just say I had my share of frustrations with them. I hate the new ATI Catalyst Control Center drivers too (the one that requires .NET framework). I find them bloated and rather slow compared to the old Catalyst Control Panel days.

Oh well, there's always the Omega ones if you want more optimized drivers.

11.    Advertisement