Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default A glimpse into iSTORYA.NET's future

Hello Everyone,

As many of you are aware, iSTORYA.NET will be turning 6 this coming February 22, 2008. While we decided to make this a quiet anniversary, we'd like to let you know that we are planning some stuff. These are still in the planning stages, but I feel like it will be good if the community will know.

First order of business is to get a second server. If things go on as planned, we should be getting a Dual Quad Core Xeon Server with 8GB of RAM within the next month or so. Once we get this, we will move the forums over to the new server and use the existing one as a development platform for future services which would include user blogs, better image gallery, and hopefully free emails. We have been thinking of making iSTORYA.NET's main site as a portal as well... and we might be switching to vBulletin. These are just "plans" but we do hope that they become a reality. We are commited to drive iSTORYA.NET forward and continue to serve the community.

If you can think of something that will make iSTORYA.NET a much better site, feel free to post your suggestions below.

Thanks and Best Regards

Blog Entries

Default Re: A glimpse into iSTORYA.NET's future

First and foremost, I would like to congratulate and thank the people behind the site for their never-ending support and efforts in maintaining and making this site as unique and as energetic as ever. 6 fruitful years, 6 years of friendship. The site has become an inspiration to many, including me.  I can never spend a day without opening the iStorya.net forums in my station, even to the extent of requesting to have this site listed as a trusted site in our network. Here, I met wonderful people that I now call FAMILY, had and will still surely have different but wonderful experiences to ponder on.

Here are my suggestions:

1.) Since the site is growing bigger and better, for sure, the population in the B&S boards will balloon. I would like to suggest a stiffer implementaton of the rules. I know the board already has guidelines and it's doing good so far. But more and more thread crappers and hijackers appear each day. Maybe more moderators to that board?

2.) I know you won't like this, but a separate board for Outreach activities/announcements/updates and iStorya.net items for sale (shirts, pins, etc...) would be cute. It could help in the maintainance and fundraising.

3.) Regulated/Site-recognized clubs and board, if possible. As I have seen a lot of them appearing all over the threads, representing the site without the admin's knowledge/consent (I guess). It would be nice to see gatherings with the iStorya logo. Promoting it, promotes not just the site but the outreach activities as well.

4.) Blogs and emails are already mentioned, this is going to be exciting. (potterboy@istorya.net sounds cool)

5.) Ummm... signatures? Since most people abuse it(I'm guilty) by posting a lot of graphics in them, maybe even just in text format will do. This feature can be applicable only for the junior members and  up.

***Please feel free to comment, anyways, they're just suggestions.

These for now. Hoping for your kind consideration.
    iSTORYA.net Sitewide Forum Rules
    Buy/Sell/Trade/Classifieds Forum Rules
    Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it.

wow!!! HAPPY 6th ANNIVERSARY ISTORYA.NET!!!!!!!!!!!

congratulations!!!! 6 years of existence and growing bigger & more diverse... i don't really understand the "techie-language" stuff but rest assured i am always at your service whenever my presence is needed.

more power!

congratulations, Istorya.net!

akong suggestion mao ra gihapon, katong Career / Occupations board

congrats!!!

sakto to kang sir potterboy, more MODz in the BST section will help lessen spammers...

more power!!!

happy 6th year anniversary iStorya.net ... congratulations and more power!!! :mrgreen:

Congratulations istorya.net and more power... istorya.net has a long way to go... One way to improve this site is just be a responsible member. If there are other members violating the rules (thread crapping, hijacking...), we dont have to wait for moderators to call the attention of that member, i think we can do something at our own level.

Secondly, kung naa man gani instances nga na call ang ato attention kai nakalapas nata sa rules and regulation of istorya.net, we will not make it a reason nga imo na gibuhat kai gibuhat pud na sa uban maski kahibaw ka nga sayop....

Once again...Happy Birthday Istorya.Net.....

Wow... i never thought Istorya.net has been here for quite some time.. but I am impress by how you handle the site/forum itself. I've been a member of different message boards but I always never stayed there forever. Maybe the atmosphere is too different... at least here, most of the members, are CEBUANO.. or FIilipino!

I agree with potterboy's suggestion for signature. Signature will be applicable to Junior Member/Premium Member....but i hope it won't limit to text only.. A regulation of 100 x 350 signature dimension would be appreciated too.... *smirks*

Please.. please....

By the way, congratulations again.. i know it's way too late.. but hey! It's better late than never!

Blog Entries

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
    "JUST A WOMAN? Oh honey no!

I am awesome with a splash of bitch and a dash of wonderful.

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast