Default A Humble Forum Suggestion: Philosophy

I've noticed the topics somehow related to philosophy are cramped up in the "Politics/Current Events" forum. It would be nice if it could have its own forum. Anyway if this has already been suggested before, never mind. No need to scold me about it.

cge bro. ug ok kau ana imong thread so, whats the topic nato sa philosphy aron naa'y ground...atong discussion,,,.

Because we are poor, shall we be vicious? vern's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tingkagol View Post
    I've noticed the topics somehow related to philosophy are cramped up in the "Politics/Current Events" forum. It would be nice if it could have its own forum. Anyway if this has already been suggested before, never mind. No need to scold me about it.
    I don't see a single philosophy topic in Politics. Opinion and Philosophy are different things and answer different questions. Spirtuality has more philosophy topics, but then again, most topics there are better suited there.

Default Response to question...

Quote Originally Posted by vern View Post
    I don't see a single philosophy topic in Politics. Opinion and Philosophy are different things and answer different questions. Spirtuality has more philosophy topics, but then again, most topics there are better suited there.
    mam, ani man gud na siya Philosophy dili lang stick sa religion or spirituality if you put.. ky if that would be the case mahagbong nga theology na siya though it touch on philosophy..pero the rationale it's the eagerness to understand, ingon pman nga sa philosophy kung mag question nagani ka its the time you start philosophizing,, sa ato you long for somehing which far beyond the science could provide,, ky ang politics wla gi tudlo sa eskwelahan only fundamentals (law, rights) pero ang twist sa politics behind wla,.so why,..don't you that the whole concept of politics started in philosophy in history people tend to gather form society then lately they think (philosphize) the growing matter so they created standards by that they call it politics for that particular area, then people tend to worry religion so they form religion beleiving god exist so philosophy call it,..Religion,, , if you have watch Star Wars, it is based on to Machiavellie's book THE PRINCE,, the concept of REPUBLIC is based to PLATO,,where democracy rules...mao ra na sa daghan pang mga contribution sa philosphy,,kung PSYCHOLOGY ka sa philosphy it called the study of MAN, kung SOCIOLOGY ka they call it ANTHROPOLOGY...Kung SA SCIENCE ka we call it COSMOLOGY, METAPHYSICS (behind physics)...kung MASSCOm ka we call it LINGUISTICS,,kung gnahan ka SOCIOLOGY, we call it COMMUNISM...thank you..

Blog Entries
    IMHO, there is no need to put up a separate forum about philosophy on its own yet. Maybe you guys can start a thread and let's see where that leads.

Great suggestion though. Keep them flowing...

In the end, cowards are those who follow the dark side.

Because we are poor, shall we be vicious? vern's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lordraven View Post
    mam, ani man gud na siya Philosophy dili lang stick sa religion or spirituality if you put.. ky if that would be the case mahagbong nga theology na siya though it touch on philosophy..pero the rationale it's the eagerness to understand, ingon pman nga sa philosophy kung mag question nagani ka its the time you start philosophizing,, sa ato you long for somehing which far beyond the science could provide,, ky ang politics wla gi tudlo sa eskwelahan only fundamentals (law, rights) pero ang twist sa politics behind wla,.so why,..don't you that the whole concept of politics started in philosophy in history people tend to gather form society then lately they think (philosphize) the growing matter so they created standards by that they call it politics for that particular area, then people tend to worry religion so they form religion beleiving god exist so philosophy call it,..Religion,, , if you have watch Star Wars, it is based on to Machiavellie's book THE PRINCE,, the concept of REPUBLIC is based to PLATO,,where democracy rules...mao ra na sa daghan pang mga contribution sa philosphy,,kung PSYCHOLOGY ka sa philosphy it called the study of MAN, kung SOCIOLOGY ka they call it ANTHROPOLOGY...Kung SA SCIENCE ka we call it COSMOLOGY, METAPHYSICS (behind physics)...kung MASSCOm ka we call it LINGUISTICS,,kung gnahan ka SOCIOLOGY, we call it COMMUNISM...thank you..
    There are so many things wrong with this post that I wouldn't know where to begin, so I'm going to refrain from pointing anything out. Then again, maybe that is your philosophy(lol).

The fact remains, I don't see a single topic in the first page of Politics that would be better suited in a Philosophy forum. Like I said, topics that might be considered Philosophy exist in the Spiritual Board or General Discussions(haha). But said topics are probably more suited where they are. There is not enough discussion and content to warrant a Philosophy forum.

Thank you for the suggestion and as stated in the FAQ, a no for now doesn't mean a no forever. If there is enough content to warrant it's own forum, then we will create one. But for now, I just don't see any content that would fill anything more than half a page of topics.

supprt ko ana..ky philsophy student sad ko...

@ TS

Quote Originally Posted by pnoize View Post
    try making an appointment with our secretary and we'll get back to you in say.....a few decades

^ ^ ^
    mo quote nalang ko bro. hinoktoki nalng nang imong request

Same query for d past 2 months

Post Source :

08-02-2009 09:32 PM

^ ^

You may browse

page 4 - Post # 48 , 51 then 53

cheers !

ty....
    Last edited by SEED OF LIBER; 11-04-2009 at 07:09 AM.

9.    Advertisement