Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default How do you envision your own old age?

*mods, i can't use the search feature. if a similar thread already exists, kindly merge this with it. thanks.

many of us don't take the time to imagine how our life would be in old age. i mean, when we are in our 70's, 80's, or 90's...when we are way way far from how mobile, alert, and mentally sharp as we are now.

perhaps it's the fear of it that we don't want to even think about it. but whether we like it or not, fear it or not, we are going in that direction.

so let me imagine mine.

when i'm old (like 70 years old) i want to be living in my own condo in a first-class retirement community. that is whether i have (or still have) a husband or not, whether i have grown kids or not. i just want to have my own place where i will be taken care of excellently and enjoy this phase of my life with fellow oldies. i'll make sure i'd have my regular manicure, pedicure, perm, facial, foot spa, massage, etc. I will enjoy my day playing board games with my buddies. will participate in group swimming, dancing, tai-chi, gardening, etc. If i am not so mobile and strong i'll have my assistant to help me in activities of daily living.

those are the dailies. my other activities would include being consulted on matters of national interest (ehem...let me just enjoy this part, ok?). ya, i mean political and business leaders paying me visits or me being invited to meetings, fora, sessions...stuff like that.

and perhaps writing books, yes. my autobiography should have been a national bestseller by then. i'd be writing on economics, business, relationships, single living (especially if i had chosen to be single, as in never married).

my family and relatives can always visit me in my plush condominium and they would always envy my lifestyle hehe. if there are grandkids then they'd always look forward to visiting me, for what kid wouldn't drool over the sweets in my fridge? not to mention that lola is so nice to hang around, of course. my own grown kids (again, if i had them) look up to me. they regard me with deep respect and admiration (whooaaa serious na ni!).

hala ka nindot ani i imagine oi. unsaon man ni pag attain? should be part of our overall life strategy sa kay just imagine the opposite di ba magkurog jud ta sa kahadlok...waaaaaa kahadlok matigulang nga pobre, pinasagdan (whether you have children or not), masakiton, walay bili...waaaa THAt i don't like to imagine.

happy new year to us all...may this and the coming years be our best years yet. may our old-age years be the bestest!

Default Re: How do you envision your own old age?

is old age a blessing or curse? depende right. no matter what, i just hope i wont reach that age. hasol na kaau.

hope to live a happy and contented life. wth a hubby and 2 kids hehehe stable job, a house along the beach, og. hmmm..

like really old?? hehe i just wanna be happy and probbly spend my last few days baking for my grandchildren.

Advice to the young at heart. Start mo saving early. In your 20s you laugh about getting old as if you cannot see yourself in that situation someday and really its understandble i've been there too. In your 30s your priorities will start to shift and you start to think about just where your life is heading and what have you to prepare yourself financially. And if you can start doing that in your 20s all the better. I am not rich now as i envision myself to be in less than 10 years from now, five years the earliest because I am not enjoying my income now as much as i would like to other than what is basic and daily necessity. My income is going towards future retirement savings and there i willl see the fruits of my hard earned dollars and labor in a few years but not now. Sometimes, you need to sacrifice a few things for something more of value and importance and saving for your future is something you need to start early on. By then maybe millionaire na mo. But there is no overnite magic in money. You really must work hard for it. And when you do that, your old age will be much easier especially for the loved-ones who will be taking care of you because you prepared.

Mine will be -

travelling anywhere in the world
    do some charity work on the side
    some gardening. I love flowers and plants. I'd like to have a nice Greenhouse, a pond, a gazebo in my own backyard.
    Go back in and out Philippines and US

That's all for me. I dont think i can do much when i get old anyway

I'm looking forward to see my grandkids and I'll be their babysitter. Then I'll be taking a brisk walk with my husband around the pond everyday. Go out sailing in summertimes. When I'm at home, I will do some painting, sewing, I might do some arts and crafts too.

When i grow older (70's), i want to be a . . . .

Bitaw, i'd like to spend it with my family. Talking with

my wife about the past. Preaching some good lessons

to my grand kids and talk to my children about life.

Blema ani kung kaabot pa anang edara bla. Toink.

murag lumuy na akoa ani nga time...wa nay gamit..90 cguro

Im not working and neither is my hubby, parehas mi business lang.

But hopefully, by 35 or at the very latest 40, okay na KAAYO mi financially. We wanna travel and enjoy what is left of our lives by then. Hopefully, we're still very healthy physically. And lastly, hopefully, our kids are all professional, healthy and happy.

That's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by tagatisa
    is old age a blessing or curse? depende right. no matter what, i just hope i wont reach that age. hasol na kaau.
    for me, it's a blessing cause not all people will reach to that age [70's up]

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast