Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default LCD Monitor with Displayport... Is this available in Cebu / Manila?

I've been looking for a monitor that has a displayport connector for my Radeon 5770.

So far, I've only found Dell monitors w/c has such port...

Would anyone know any other brand or where I can buy a 23-24" LCD with displayport?

unsa hitsura ana bro?

Quote Originally Posted by vipvip68 View Post
    So far, I've only found Dell monitors w/c has such port...
    it was developed by Dell with some partners wherein only certain Dell systems especially the new ones has it, that's why...

sa akong pagkasabot it has the intention of complementing HDMI in the computer monitor market.. whereas, HDMI is intended for entertainment displays like HDTVs, DisplayPort on the other hand is only for computer monitors only with the aim (presumably) of being the replacement of VGA and DVI. it's some sort of a complementary technology to HDMI in a way IMO... it's better than HDMI in terms of power consumption and high data transfer rate (about 10.8Gbps for DP vs 10.2Gbps for HDMI) but it doesn't have the capability to transmit audio like HDMI does.

if your video card has an HDMI port then I'd suggest you use it instead since it would be more practical especially if you decide to buy an LCD TV kay naa naman audio...

hope it helps...

Quote Originally Posted by gilbertrom View Post
    unsa hitsura ana bro?
    HDMI:

DP:

HDMI (left) & DisplayPort (right):

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye294 View Post
    it was developed by Dell with some partners wherein only certain Dell systems especially the new ones has it, that's why...

sa akong pagkasabot it has the intention of complementing HDMI in the computer monitor market.. whereas, HDMI is intended for entertainment displays like HDTVs, DisplayPort on the other hand is only for computer monitors only with the aim (presumably) of being the replacement of VGA and DVI. it's some sort of a complementary technology to HDMI in a way IMO... it's better than HDMI in terms of power consumption and high data transfer rate (about 10.8Gbps for DP vs 10.2Gbps for HDMI) but it doesn't have the capability to transmit audio like HDMI does.

if your video card has an HDMI port then I'd suggest you use it instead since it would be more practical especially if you decide to buy an LCD TV kay naa naman audio...

hope it helps...

HDMI:

DP:

HDMI (left) & DisplayPort (right):
    sakto ka bro pero sa karon na mga products ang ATI ra na mga cards mo support ug audio sa hdmi connection i think sa nvidia kay dili i dont know sa 3xx series na mga cards.

Thanks guys.

The reason I'm asking is cos Im planning to use Eyefinity (Tri-Monitor Gaming) on Radeon HD5770.

I need to use the displayport as the third source.

Sa Radeon 5xxx series display
    1. DVI / HDMI (Shared)
    2. DVI
    3. Displayport

Have you considered using a DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter bro? That way you won't have to buy a DP-compatible monitor and it'd be a much easier solution than looking for a DP-ready monitor..

just my two cents..

Since you mentioned dell developed this DP why not try going to DELL at SM CEbu and see if they have monitors that supports that kind of port. hehehe.

@blizzaga4: Dell at SM don't have monitors for sale pa bro.. wait pa pud lage ko kung ganus-a na sila magsugod baligya monitors kay ganahan ko sa monitors sa dell.. ehehe

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye294 View Post
    Have you considered using a DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter bro? That way you won't have to buy a DP-compatible monitor and it'd be a much easier solution than looking for a DP-ready monitor..

just my two cents..
    I've considered that option also. The connector needed is an "Active" displayport to hdmi adapter. The passive one won't function. I also read that this adapter costs at least 100 dollars.

I bought a displayport to hdmi then but it was the passive type... (bought this sa Fry's)

Since I need a monitor anyway... might as well get one with built in displayport... if naay locally available here in the Philippines

hdmi? mao mana naa sa mga plasma lcd tv

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast