Default Setting up a Home Office in My Room

I don't exactly know under what topic to put this. I'm trying to set up an office in my room which is quite small. Any suggested layouts?

Default Re: Setting up a Home Office in My Room

you should post a layout of your room first before anyone can suggest anything.

Default Re: Setting up a Home Office in My Room

Wall mirrors make a room look larger. Glass furniture (glass table perhaps) would be ideal for smaller rooms too. The eye just passes through it so it makes you feel the room is larger than it really is. Of course if there are any children around this may not be very safe. Dark colors, unless you can pull it off, won't be very good for the walls. Light colors make a room appear larger. Low furnitures will also give you that illussion, but that depends on the kind of comfort that you are seeking.

Put something in between your working area and your sleeping area; to kind of make them distinct from one another, but NOT to separate them. You don't want to separate them as this will divide the whole room and make each area look even smaller. Perhaps a screened folding room divider, or a beaded curtain. Avoid anything solid like an entire curtain made of thick cloth. The idea is for you to have a lot of room for your eyes to pass through and move around. You don't need to place this over the entire perimeter of the room. From one side of the room and halfway through the other side will suffice.

That's my wannabee interior designer self speaking. If you want more professional help, a lot can be found on the internet! Good luck!

4.    Advertisement