Page 1 of 108 123411 ... LastLast

Default EVERYTHING about MANDAUE POLITICS

"He credits Mayor Cortes for uniting all the political clans in Mandaue."

Teddy Ouano leaves One Cebu for Liberal Party - The Freeman » The Freeman Sections » Cebu News

Teddy Ouano leaves One Cebu for Liberal Party
    By Flor Z. Perolina (The Freeman) Updated July 22, 2012 12:00 AM Comments (0) View comments

CEBU, Philippines - Cebu Provincial Board (PB) Member Thadeo Ouano has decided to join the Liberal Party (LP).

This was announced by LP provincial chairman Hilario “Junjun” Davide during the 46th birthday bash of Mandaue City Mayor Jonas Cortes at the Club Amnezia at the North Reclamation area in Mandaue City last Friday evening, and confirmed by Ouano himself.

One Cebu secretary general and gubernatorial bet, Cebu third district Rep. Pablo John Garcia, said Ouano will be a big loss to the group.

“He will certainly be a big loss to One Cebu. He was a One Cebu stalwart from the start. But I guess he needed to unite with his family politically,” Congressman Garcia said in a text message to The FREEMAN.

In his announcement, Davide said that Ouano already joined the party although there is no definite date yet of his oathtaking . Davide assured to arrange it as soon as possible.

Ouano confirmed Davide’s announcement in a separate interview. He said that Governor Gwendolyn Garcia, the head of the One Cebu Party where he is a member, does not know yet of his transfer to the LP. Ouano said he will be meeting with the governor soon to formally inform her of the transfer.

Ouano said the reason he finally decided to join LP is the wish of his father, former mayor Alfredo Ouano, to unite his family. His daughter, Mandaue City Councilor Emmarie “Lolypop” Ouano, already joined the LP slate of Cortes early this year.

“To keep the unity of the family, I have to join the party of my daughter since it is also my father’s wish,”Ouano said .

He credits Mayor Cortes for uniting all the political clans in Mandaue.

Cortes, in his birthday speech, said that it was the best birthday for him as he was able to unite all the big politicians in the city.

“I’m filled with mixed emotions, kay nagka-unite na dyud ang mga dagkong politico sa dakbayan, gihimo ni nako aron mouswag ang dakbayan,” Cortes said in his speech. (At last we are finally united for the development of Mandaue.)

Cortes’ birthday was attended by politicians mostly coming from the LP - Davide, Cebu South District Representative Tomas Osmeña, Sixth District Representative Gabriel Luis Quisumbing, Provincial Board Member Arleigh Sitoy and Consolacion Mayor Theresa Alegado.

Former sixth district congresswoman Nerissa Soon Ruiz and former city vice mayor Carlo Fortuna were also there. Ruiz and Fortuna, who were known critics of the Cortes administration, are now working as consultants of Cortes for public health and legislative affairs, respectively .

Meanwhile, Cordova Mayor Adelino Sitoy who also in the birthday party said that Ouano’s transfer to LP will cripple One Cebu Party in the sixth district because Quisumbing and Ouano are now joining the LP slate. When asked if he will also be joining the LP since he was the only politician in the party who is a member of One Cebu, Sitoy said that he will just let his son, PB Member Arleigh Sitoy, remain with the LP as it is “not yet the right time” for him to make any moves or decisions.

On this, Congressman Garcia said: “We’ve been crippled in Mandaue for a long time, since all the officials there are Liberal Party. So we will just have to learn to walk with crutches there. Thankfully, a lot of leaders on the ground are providing us with crutches. We’ll work from there.” — /JPM (FREEMAN)
    Last edited by SPRINGFIELD_XD_40; 08-08-2012 at 10:44 PM.

Default Re: Political Unity in Mandaue

taga mandaue ko. I hope this translates to tangible improvement and development in the city.

hala ka gwen doling... wa na jud paglaum imong one cebu... hahaha...

but i find it a good development in mandaue city. basta lang in the meantime, di lang sa mag hawd hawd ang mga ouano unless si mayor jonas cortes pa ang nagdumala sa mandaue.

OT: there are rumors i have heard that alvin garcia and family are sending feelers to tommy osmena nga makigbalik sila... as what i have observed in sunstar recently, di naman kaayu sila harsh ni tommy osmena. dont know why...

Elite Member

Maayo unta mahitabo intawon ni...because while everything else is moving in cebu...
    Ang mandaue..murag gi-freeze...wala kaayo panghitabo.

Quote Originally Posted by Klave View Post
    Maayo unta mahitabo intawon ni...because while everything else is moving in cebu...
    Ang mandaue..murag gi-freeze...wala kaayo panghitabo.
    basin maka gukod ang among Mandaue sa inyong Cebu City ...

since sa Mandaue ni, I could care less

yes i could say that mandaue is slowly improving . .. .

Quote Originally Posted by DogLoverJc View Post
    yes i could say that mandaue is slowly improving . .. .
    I beg to disagree! Mas daghan business developments ang Mandaue compared to Cebu City.

Ani gyud unta aron ma separate district ang mandaue city. puwede cguro deretso-on duha ka district perti dako-a na sa mandaue.

Default so what is it really mandaue?

one moment the corteses and ouanos are destroying each others names. then now, eng eng eng... FRIENDS diay?

asa man to ang gi pang ingon na they will deliver the ouanos to justice? ally na diay ron? so whose misleading who now?

what about soon-ruiz? friends pud diay ni cortes? unsa man gyud??

kahinumdum ko certain istoryans here kay nag buwa2x gyud ang baba ug burit burit, pang libak ug panaway ay lahi ra gyud daw ila manok ron, but then ilad ra diay

nganu ga ally man ron? kay ting election na, kinahanglan ug funds? or aron di mo gawas ang baho? hahaha...

how about the NEW mandaue city college? dili diay to legal ug qualified si cabahug?? abi naku qualified kaayo to cya nganu gi ilisan man sa hilum??

HIGHHEELS? RECLAMADOR? kinsa pa to?

stop misleading us mandauehanons, i dont care if its ouano, ruiz, cortes, reclamador or highheels is sitting up there, all we care is stop misleading us for your personal gain... cge ug borit2x wa sa buhat! wa ghapon ninyo ma solosyunan ang baha na simple kaayo, traffic ug tricycle, sige ug palusot na tungod sa previous admin..., ang gi un nuon kay sakay2x kabayo, gubat gubat, lumba lumba auto...

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 108 123411 ... LastLast