Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Why is Stephen King more popular than Dean Koontz?

Why is Stephen King more popular than Dean Koontz?...if you've read one of their books, then tell me the reason why?...

books of both are number #1 in n.y. times...then, why?...

I think King affects everyone and they just don't realize it. His work is very powerful and that's why he is so popular. King, of course, isn't the only one who writes about dark, foreboding, scary subjects. I'm reading a Dean Koontz book right now, and find myself feeling unsettled and haunted. The story is very griping, and I can't stop reading it, especially now that I'm nearing the end. But, I can tell that it changes my mood. It doesn't usually last long, but there definitely is a change in my me that occurs due to reading the story. When I read negative, sad, scary books, I become more reflective, but only on negative things. I brood on the things I perceive as wrong in my life. Or things I think are wrong about me. The way I look, or act. It only stands to reason. The story causes me to think in a certain mode, and brings certain emotions forward. Negative ones.

I've read 2 of Koontz books. His endings are as touching as his stories are brutally suspenseful. Some even very gruesome, but they all have heartwarming finales, I guess...

especially THE DOOR TO DECEMBER, why the flowers telekinetically blew into the house. And what Melanie needs a lot of.

i think its because almost all of Stephen King's works aremade into movies...pero personally, i like King better eventhough sometimes he just goes on and on. kinda like reading somebody's random thoughts.

Blog Entries

is he

thats sumthing i ddnt know.

i love koontz better.
    iSTORYA.net Sitewide Forum Rules
    Buy/Sell/Trade/Classifieds Forum Rules
    Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it.

King has established himself as the master of suspense.
    Koontz is also good. Very likeable characters

Default Re: Why is Stephen King more popular than Dean Koontz?

Quote Originally Posted by jack_d_wack
    Why is Stephen King more popular than Dean Koontz?...if you've read one of their books, then tell me the reason why?...

Stephen King..the best..kay siya maoy daghan novels nga gihimong movies...wahaahhahah..LipoSUCKKKZZ!!!...i lorve his INSOMNIA...veryyyyyy mwuuuuccccchhh!!!!!..hehehe..pax

both are at the top of their craft...
    interesting though, i've never heard of a dean koontz movie...

Quote Originally Posted by jack_d_wack

because hes a better writer? hehehe. i know its subjective but i find dean koontz books a little lame sometimes. like he has cool ideas and concepts and it sounds good when its starting but then it sort of fizzles out and i feel like he doesnt know how to end it. i just find stephen king's book much edgier and less mainstream which is ironic since he is actually more popular. koontz is also more predictable as i think reggiebuang mentioned. i dont know, i dont feel him too much. the only books he wrote that i liked was strangers (but i hated the ending) and fear nothing. but thats just mu opinion of course.

ill tell you why stephen king is more than koontz. no offense to anybody really but i think koontz is commercialized gore and scare tactics in paperback.
    king grabs an edge not becasue of new twists and strange creatures (true, there's no shortage of gory deaths and sometimes vulgar language) but he writes better. he really does.

by the way have you guys read his short story (unpublished, electronic format only) Riding The Bullet?
    You really should.
    scared the heck out of me.

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast