Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Guyz READ THIS!!! and give your comment/opinion!!! Duterte vs. Valte

Just Reposted from (Davao's Official Fan Page)

Good Afternoon Davao!
    Share ko lang ito na article kasi di ko pa ito na post regarding sa statement ni Palace Spokesperson Abegail Valte against Mayor Rodrigo Duterte's shoot-to-kill order on suspected kidnappers.

PERHAPS DEPUTY spokesperson Abigail Valte can learn a thing or two from former presidential spokesperson Jesus Dureza.

At least she can start from her comments against Davao City Mayor Rodrigo Duterte’s shoot-to-kill order on suspected kidnappers last Thursday.

Dureza has come to the defense of Duterte after Valte accused the mayor’s shoot-to-kill of being illegal.

“The accusation by Palace spokesperson Abigail Valte is a knee-jerk, irresponsible statement coming from one whom we expect should be more circumspect, her words being presumed to be those of the Philippine President,” said Dureza in a statement.

Three kidnap-for-ransom suspects, including the alleged leader Alex Mortejo, were killed in what police claimed as a shootout that happened while they were rescuing the group’s victim, Sally Chua. The shootout happened while the suspects were about to withdraw money from a bank along the busy C.M. Recto Avenue.

The Commission on Human Rights has also criticized the police operation and said it will investigate. A video of the alleged execution of one of the suspects has surfaced. CHR chairperson Etta Rosales said what the video showed was a case of “clear murder.”

On Sunday, Valte said in a radio interview in Manila that the shoot-to-kill order is “bawal po sa batas (illegal).”

On Twitter, Valte also defended her statement. Replying to an apparently angry tweet, Valte said: “I’m not being self righteous. The law does not cover shoot to kill orders. We have a process that should be followed.”

She also said: “We follow the rule of law, not of men. If they are accused of crime then let them undergo the trial mandated by law.”

Senior Supt. Ronald dela Rosa, director of the Davao City Police, earlier said Duterte ordered the police to shoot and kill the suspects should they fight or resist arrest.

Valte, according to Dureza, must learn than Duterte is “more astute than you think.”

“I have listened closely in many instances Duterte would spew fire and expletives when making public statements. I have always noticed that he makes his statements, although at times bordering on the unconventional, closely hueing within the bounds of law,” Dureza said.

“Case in point: when he makes statements about shooting to kill the criminals, he carefully prefaces his words by saying to the effect that they should be shot if they fight back. Or resist. Or words to that effect,” Dureza added.

A lawyer who served as Palace spokesperson under the Ramos and Arroyo administrations, Dureza advised Valte to: “Don’t be overwhelmed by his bluster and ‘f—-king’ language. Don’t misread him. Go listen closely to his spoken words.”

please respect my threads/posts as i respect yours!!! R7

Good, at least the mayor's statement was conditional, "if they fight back", in other words if they surrender then they will be arrested..Plain and simple.

Marunong na sad ni si Duterte moduwa sa iya words..

Blog Entries
    HAH! Katilaw! Pataka man og yawyaw unya wala diay to naminaw kung unsa dyud ang gi istorya ni Duterte!

aguroy pasikat man gud..... dapat naminaw sa cya tarung

Trust rate of duterte in Davao probably 90%....people believe that they are safe with duterte, so criminal you are not safe in davao that's the message....In davao pwede ka magsu-ot sa imong expensive the alahas that's how safe davao in terms of safety, peace and order. Kanus-a kaha ang cebu ingon ana ka relax sa mga tawo.....

^i felt safe when samoT was mayor...just sayin'...

for the sake of statement ra gud tong iyaha....hehehhe...ng sakay2 ra pud sa issues....

Quote Originally Posted by karljadon View Post
    Trust rate of duterte in Davao probably 90%....people believe that they are safe with duterte, so criminal you are not safe in davao that's the message....In davao pwede ka magsu-ot sa imong expensive the alahas that's how safe davao in terms of safety, peace and order. Kanus-a kaha ang cebu ingon ana ka relax sa mga tawo.....
    Not sure .. kay katong did2 ko naka istoria ko ug dili ganahan ni Duterte kay pina mob rule ... siguro isa to siya sa 10%

In Davao dili safe ang mga criminal, kay usa ray criminal sa Davao.

Then the criminals should file a case against Duterte.
    If indeed he did some summary execution.

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast