Default Win 2003 server security

I'm sharing a folder over the network but I would only allow a user to create, save, edit, of folder or data. But when I check "Modify" option Under security tab of my "shared folder" properties, the user who is accessing the said folder can also delete the file. I want to impose restriction for deletion on that "shared folder". Anybody here who is very good at windows 2003 server security? Please I need your help masters!

to put more security on your network or one machine i prepare other alternative solution. i used other 3rd party application to handle file sharing.

you better go for virtualized machine and install freeNAS -- this freenas had lots of file sharing capabilities to basic - pro configuration. the good thing of this is like you can have all the power and controls via WebUI or other means of communication to the host server. you can create account for individual user have a permission set to them, monitor their activity, and live update with all harddrives attached for failing or other diagnostic tool for monitoring.

Quote Originally Posted by dammy View Post
    to put more security on your network or one machine i prepare other alternative solution. i used other 3rd party application to handle file sharing.

you better go for virtualized machine and install freeNAS -- this freenas had lots of file sharing capabilities to basic - pro configuration. the good thing of this is like you can have all the power and controls via WebUI or other means of communication to the host server. you can create account for individual user have a permission set to them, monitor their activity, and live update with all harddrives attached for failing or other diagnostic tool for monitoring.

Thank you bos! I'll try to research about this... I haven't heard this yet....

just set a permission "Write" do not use modify....

WorldTech offered the following courses:
    1. windows server 2003 track course
    2. windows server 2008 track course
    3. windows 7 administration
    4. CompTia Network+
    and more....

for more information contact: *********************************@gmail.com / worldtech_information_solutions@yahoo.com

5.    Advertisement