Default COMPARISON OF PENTAX OPTIO AND CASIO EXILIM CAMERAS, need advise

these 2 digital cams have a lot of good write ups but i want to know more from everyones experience, pls post your good and bad experience ty :mrgreen:

Default Re: COMPARISON OF PENTAX OPTIO AND CASIO EXILIM CAMERAS, need advise

i have two optio and two exilims (all personal usage) as well as having brand new units for sale.

optio s5z is my current choice
    https://www.istorya.net/forums/index.php?topic=41982.0

exilin is harder to hold, permi ko kuyawan mabuhian nako. but its much slimer gyud nuon.
    most female i know would prefer it (based on looks) but after using it for a while and then get the chance to use the optio, they all change their minds gyud...

IMO, photoquality sa optio is better

features sa optio is more robust and more useful.
    its also more feature packed and cheaper pa gyud.

there are many things the exilim cant do that the optio can do.
    and there is nothing the exilim can do that the optio can't do.

gizmo text line +63918-94-GIZMO (0918-94-44966)
    NOW HIRING we also accept dealers & freelance agents

okay bai, at least now i know that optio is still my best option, tanx mark and il inform you bai if mupalit nako kay i know you have these cams

@markyap
    what do you think of the Exilim EX-Z40, my friend's selling a 2nd hand unit for 8k, cam and expansion card only, no dock and charger. is this a good buy?

without the charger....id tell you to pass on it. hard to find a proper charger for this kasi.
    no dock ok lang yon. get a memory card reader. madali lang yon.
    https://www.istorya.net/forums/index.php?topic=29542.0

whats improtant is the (1)charger and a (2)good battery (around 300 shots per charge).
    also the condition of the (3)camera itself.

assuming all three are ok, then 8k is just about right.

but for worry free camera...u should strongly consider the optio s5i nalang 15300 lang 1 unit brand new complete...
    tapos 16500 with 256mb SD kingston elite pro memory card included!
    https://www.istorya.net/forums/index....223#msg1110223

heh I'm also selling

Brand New Pentax Optio S55 (and i think naa pud 60)

S55: only P13800.00
    5.0 million effective pixels
    5.4 million sensor photo detectors
    35.6 mm - 107 mm (2.9x) zoom lens

Pentax Optio 60: only P16000.00

6.1 million effective pixels
    6.3 million sensor photo detectors
    36 mm - 108 mm (3x) zoom lens

No SD cards yet. I can also get you cheap SD cards if you want.
    this is the line --------- cross it. i dare you

It's me again. Still searching for a suitable camera for myself. So far I got an eye on S55 and about to buy it, but it got sold out. So my next target was S5Z, the problem is I do not have the budget for it yet So need to save to get that unit.

I stumble with S6... Is there any available of this baby? I think I can reach the budget when this baby comes out. Is there a unit of this in the Istorya yet hehehe

i can get the s6 for 17500 if u like...but this isnt mine...sa kakilala ko lang ito...

i dont like optio 25i. got one. its very sensitive to movements. to make it better though you can turn on the flash even outdoors so it's less sensitive however the flash isnt strong and doesnt work well at night especially if ure using the zoom feature. overall rating of 1-5 id say its about 3 - 3.5.
    as for the battery it drains real fast

now i suggest going for optio WP. it's the same as s5i at 5mp and have the same battery. software is the same too. battery life is way better. it has conserve battery feature. the flash is much better. ive tried and tested it on the beach and its really good.
    price about a month ago was at 24k bought it at that price

PENTAX Optio: (s5i, s5n, s5z,s6)
    -image quality improved starting with their s4i model. i suggest the s5n or the s5z if you want a small camera. the mpeg4 movie result is good. it's like having a digicam and a mini camcorder in one.
    -IMHO, in terms of pic quality result, PENTAX is better than Casio even if Casio uses pentax lenses. You can really see the difference especially when taking pictures using the macro mode. There's also a slight difference in indoor shots.
    -has more features than exilim cameras... i believe. but i don't think u'll really use some of those features.
    -no problem with support since optios bought legally (yes those with serial numbers at the bottom of the camera) can be repaired at MEPZ.

Casio Exilim:
    -new models of exilims are slimmer than the Optios
    -i believe casio's using Pentax lenses for their small cams. for their bigger compact cams like exilim pro ex-p600, canon lens is being used. Why get a casio camera that uses pentax lens when you can get pentax cameras that uses their own lens? well, some people like the design of exilim cameras but i think it really has something to do with marketing.
    -I think casio's faster than pentax cameras when taking pictures. have to verify this one again though.
    -more expensive than Pentax digicams
    -if you're in cebu and you want to have your camera repaired, you'll have to send your camera to manila. more expensive? obviously..

You can really see the difference when you compare pics taken between small cameras and the bigger compact cameras. I used to own the optio s and s4i models of pentax. Now i have the Casio Exilim EX-P600, an EISA awardee 2004 for best compact camera, and so far one of the exilims that got good reviews for its performace and pic quality. Though i'm planning to get at least the Optio S5z since it's more convenient, i'll still would go for bigger cameras for quality pic results.

To know what you should look for in a digicam, search for "megapixel myth" at google. check the topics about sensor types and sizes, optical lens, photosite, pixel quality and not quantity, etc... and if you can afford a DSLR, go for it.

11.    Advertisement