Blog Entries

Default Basketball Section is like Lord of the Flies

I just want to post my rant here regarding the current situation in the Basketball section on this forum . Hopefully the mods will understand but this post is for them ... and for people who are active in the basketball section too .

There are been a lot of unnecessary post , threads , and etc in the Basketball section . If you visit threads on the Basketball section right now , you'll see a lot of one-liner blurts just for the purpose of gaining or achieving number of posts or maybe they just choose to be trolls . Flooding of unnecessary post perhaps . I just don't understand posts like "GO [x] team!!!" every chance they get in this forum and the next guy will also post the same . Also , posting of memes too . It's getting annoying .

We get it . You are a huge [insert team here] fan (until they hit rebuilding or when the franchise player move to a different team) just by your active post on the team's thread . You don't have to flood "GO [x] team" every day .

I don't know if most mods know this already but most posters there will always resort to bashing and throwing personal attacks towards someone who were just trying to make a healthy discussion . To make it worst , every year it has been always like this and most violators always get away with it especially the section has been less moderated . IMO , as a result , acts like these has been negatively affected the essence of quality discussion and debate in the basketball section .

Also , when people are posting current news there , they tend to post the whole article when more likely no one will read the whole thing anyways . Just post an excerpt from an article of a particular news and make it simple to respect previous posts . If posting the lead isn't enough , just post the link of the whole article .

It shouldn't be this way ... https://www.istorya.net/forums/basket...l#post13244439

Since it's a slow period in the NBA right now (no official press release or anything until training camp starts unless there's a trade has been made or whatever) and it could be the reason of posting "GO [x] team" or GO [insert player's name]!!!" . But it would be great if the mods will impose a "martial law" on these unnecessary of flooding posts before the start of the season to put an end of this irritating activity by some posters there .

FAQ

Default Re: Basketball Section is like Lord of the Flies

I really know what you mean FAQ.....THERE are iSTORYANS really irritating and made personal attacks on another iSTORYANS....
    But I think MODS had already observe and seen this....

go FAQ!!! go go go!

I guess it should have been post it here bro..

https://www.istorya.net/forums/basket...s-posts-2.html

if you visit gen disc and politics & current events sections naa juy istoryan na mag post og 1 liner unnecessary post just for the sake of posting something para moincrease iyang post counts. samok kaayo sigeg bump sa dead threads. 24k najud iyang posts as of the moment.

I dont want to close threads just because 1 erring member mamulabog.

I am outside the country right now with minimal access to internet moderating the site.

Do not rely on me being the assigned MOD , other MODS can moderate also as long as they are online. They can definitely assist and I suggest that it would be easier for everyone to cooperate. Naa gani mo makita padong na mahimong flame thread , naay mag OT , etc .... use the report button but I highly suggest to PM the MOD with the details like links and names of forumers involved.

Thank you.
    " A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. " - 2nd Amendment , Bill of Rights of the United States of America

Blog Entries

Thanks for the reply Springfield . Kining mga mamulabog sa mga threads sa basketball section kasagaran ani nila mo tunga kung Playoffs or Finals na . Posters like Mirisi (now banned) - wa jud ko kabantay ana niya nga mo post regularly sa basketball section unless kung playoffs na . But when she happens to post something on the forum , kasagaran jud mamulabog na siya such as posting personal attacks nga iya gi-post ang picture sa usa ka istoryan ug gibinu-angan through adding insulting memes cuz he happens nga contrary ang opinions niya .

I always report it when I sense nga mga ingon ani . Uban pud mo post ug mga links sa mga copyrighted live games even prohibited na diri sa forum . Pero ako tan-aw dili mahatagan ug pagtagad kung dili daghan ming "report" anang post . Salamat sa recommendation nga e-PM lang ang mga MOD .

Salamat pud ni inxss4 sa pag banhaw aning thread

Thank you FAQ .... yes usahay , there is the need gyud of fellow FORUMERS also na mo tabang ug report and sulti kinsa ug asa ang angay i moderate.

Mwah !

PM lang nako kinsa if ever naa na pod.
    " A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. " - 2nd Amendment , Bill of Rights of the United States of America

9.    Advertisement