Default The Cheapest .COM .ORG. .NET Registers

I've heard people (here in cebu) recommend .COMs over .COM.PHs and say the cheapest domain you could get for a year is $15 or so. Well I've scoured the internet and found some really cheap ones.

Is this any good? What makes a register expensive? Can you recommend cheap and quality registers?

Default Re: The Cheapest .COM .ORG. .NET Registers

ni try ko palit sa yahoo ug 1 domain (dummy test buy) $2.99 pero pag abot sa ako bill naa additional na 1$ ang ni bill sa ako. hinuon wla pa nako na contact ang yahooo about sa issue.

any other experience?

Actually wala pa gyud ko experience aning mupalit ug domain. Murag nanganvas rako ky ganahan ko mupalit in the future.

Is it worth the $2.99+1 you paid for the domain? Did you really get a .COM? What do you think is the difference between a $2.99/year over $15/year domain? Features? Quality? [insert something here]?

@tingkagol same ra - barato lang gyud ang offers sa yahoo karon... unlike before you pay the cheap pero pag type nimo ug domain.com dili mo resolve. kailangan gyud nimo butangan ug www. (example: www.microsucks.com)

pero karon resolve na tanan. dont know with other registrars. but for now, i go for ENOM (namecheap.com) meydo mahal2x pero daghan features... and the 8.88 comes with a whois guard.

Elite Member

1and1 offers $5.99/year with free private registration also pwede with or without www

Be careful of registrars selling domains this low. Try to read their terms and conditions very carefully as there are hidden charges in some. Some may not have but the low fees actually applies for the first year only and renewal would cost you even more than buying a regular domain which you are obliged to pay since they do not allow transfers.

So if you are buying domains for business or for commercial purposes that you sure will use for a long period. I would suggest buying them from regular and or reputable domain registrar. I would suggest staying away from registrars charging domains less than $5 or $4 dollars.

But then again READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.....

read before you buy... kung mo-expire ang inyong account there are some tendencies na ila na ibaligyag mahal sa imoha. there are some sites i know that they used to have dot com extension and was forced to buy another domain extension (dot net, dot etch...) kay gibaligya sa ila og mahal jud kau. like what rhee is saying... read first! advise lng, don't be so hasty on buying those $4.99 domains.

8.    Advertisement