Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Palace taps Davide as UN Envoy

Former chief justice Hilario Davide Jr. has been appointed the country's representative to the United Nations, ANC reported Tuesday.

Davide replaces Ambassador Lauro Baja.

ABS-CBN News learned that Davide's appointment paper is one of the documents submitted by Malacañan to the Commission on Appointments.

The documents were dated March 24 but were received by the CA Monday, April 10.

ABS-CBN News sources said Baja would replace Foreign Affairs Secretary Alberto Romulo who would soon be named ambassador to Washington.

Senate Minority Leader Aquilino Pimentel said while Davide's appointment was a "good move" for the President, it might not necessarily be so for the former justice chief who had already occupied the lofty post at the Supreme Court.

Davide's appointment came days after he gave several recommendations on poll reforms in his capacity as senior adviser on electoral reform.

The recommendations include a fixed term for congressmen and local officials, a ban on political dynasties and a major revamp at the Commission on Elections.

President Arroyo lauded Davide's recommendations, saying the government will look into them.

"These recommendations will be closely and seriously considered in the light of the common desire to cure the ills of our electoral process, preclude the resurgence of political turmoil, and drive the air of poisoned politics out of the degenerated system," Mrs. Arroyo said in a statement.

Default Re: Palace taps Davide as UN Envoy

:mrgreen:

I would like hime appointed as the President instead....

seriously... Davide is a good person to represent our country in the UN! He might even have
    a chance to be the UN president...

Cebuanos are all proud of you..kudos!

and thanks to PGMA for recommending a very capable person :mrgreen:

WOW! that's nice..i think being a UN representative for the Philippines is better off than being a President for Davide. Though he makes a good President, I bet..but let's just spare him of the hassles and the already corrupt government...In politics, you can never please everybody no matter how clean your record is, there will always be people to destroy you....

we
    are
    proud
    of
    you

very capable person indeed.. :mrgreen:

Its Arroyo's payback for a loyal servant like Davide.

Quote Originally Posted by mosimos
    Its Arroyo's payback for a loyal servant like Davide.Â*
    Mr. Davide deserves this new position mosimos! :mrgreen:

Alangan man og c drilon or pimentel or escudero iya i-recommend. Or do you have anybody in mind nga mas angayan or mas deserving pa kay sa ni Mr. Davide?

Why not? If she is really sincere about reconciliation. But I still maintain that Davide is just being paid for his "services" of this administration. Thats the utang na loob in its foulest.

I used to admire davide. But now no more. He allowed himself to be used by GMA.

Quote Originally Posted by mosimos
    Why not? If she is really sincere about reconciliation.Â* But I still maintain that Davide is just being paid for his "services" of this administration.Â* Thats the utang na loob in its foulest.

I used to admire davide.Â* But now no more.Â* He allowed himself to be used by GMA.
    Wa koy mahims bai Mosimos kay imo man na opinion. Di tika mapugos og pag-admire balik ni Davide.

Pero for the sake of reconciliaton mo appoint or recommend cya aning mga tawhana....tsk,tsk,tsk
    Cgurado ka nga mohilom na ang oppostion og mo recommend si GMA aning mga tawhana...I don't think so...besides I maintain also nga Davide is capable and competent for the new position. :mrgreen:

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast