Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default T-Mobile's Samsung Galaxy S2 (A.K.A. Hercules, T989)

I gave up my local version of the Samsung Galaxy S2 and got a T-Mobile S2. I have no regrets at all since the phone's build is a lot more premium, the screen is a little wider at 4.52 in. (with no issues, surprisingly!) and it's 4G-enabled. Also, I'm glad that I've finally gotten rid of my old S2's hardware home button. I'd always had issues with it.

I may not get as much dev. support for T-Mobile's version of the king phone but I'm very happy with it. The screen issues that plagued my local S2 are nowhere to be found in my new toy. Hurrah!

Does anyone here have or is planning to get the same phone?

Default Re: T-Mobile's Samsung Galaxy S2 (A.K.A. Hercules, T989)

heard different and mix reviews on the Hercules T989.. most notable comments are that the battery sucks like hell as compared to the international I9100...

Yes it is a bit larger than the international one and some bloatapps can be remove (and some can't) but for me, If I would choose the S2 again.. I would still prefer the international one over the one from T-mob

ICS and any up coming firmware updates are usually released first on the international version than cascaded to the S2 variants (including the Hercules T989)

if i may ask bro, asa nimo napalit brand new ni?

The december and january manufactured s2's no longer have screen issues as far as I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by J.Abz View Post
    heard different and mix reviews on the Hercules T989.. most notable comments are that the battery sucks like hell as compared to the international I9100...

Yes it is a bit larger than the international one and some bloatapps can be remove (and some can't) but for me, If I would choose the S2 again.. I would still prefer the international one over the one from T-mob

ICS and any up coming firmware updates are usually released first on the international version than cascaded to the S2 variants (including the Hercules T989)
    *Mixed reviews - Doesn't every phone on earth have mixed reviews? Of course, everyone has something to say as user experience varies.
    *Sucky Battery - Isn't it every smartphone user's complaint? Personally though, I find the battery in my Hercules to be more efficient.
    *Updates - Who cares about timely updates? We've always been the last ones to get those in our country. I've come to accept that custom ROMs are more reliable.

**Bottomline: To each his own. I've had 3 S2s (the first 2 being I9100) and I could only tell how different and better (personally) the T-Mobile version is. The international version will always be the king but I've proven that I'm happier with the king's sibling.

Quote Originally Posted by istoryan99 View Post
    if i may ask bro, asa nimo napalit brand new ni?
    Yes bro, I got it brand-new from a buddy who came from the States.

Quote Originally Posted by EarlZ View Post
    The december and january manufactured s2's no longer have screen issues as far as I've seen.
    My second S2 I9100 which I bought a month ago didn't quite prove so. I wish I could let you play with my new S2, Earlz. I've a feeling you'll love it more than you loved both your S2 and Note. This won't make you ask for a refund. Hahaha

I am also eyeing on this phone... hopefully by this month or next. Also, it is way cheaper than the international s2.

Quote Originally Posted by junmar4 View Post
    I am also eyeing on this phone... hopefully by this month or next. Also, it is way cheaper than the international s2.
    The international version is actually a tad cheaper. It may depend on where you're getting it from though.

Quote Originally Posted by vanillaboi View Post
    My second S2 I9100 which I bought a month ago didn't quite prove so. I wish I could let you play with my new S2, Earlz. I've a feeling you'll love it more than you loved both your S2 and Note. This won't make you ask for a refund. Hahaha
    I never really loved my S2 as coming from the Galaxy S1 the S2 screen experience was a HUGE step down. Mao to gipa refund.. same with the note.. broken video playback.. samsung cant fix it refund haha..

Wish I could also see your phone, I'll be going to SM later basin naa sad ka ?

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast