Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question Leave my baby at 1 year old?

HI. Ask ta ko, I am planning to leave for the US this November, 2 days after my son's 1st birthday.

Why man mo larga ko?
    1.money
    2.career
    3.start life in the US so I can bring my baby back there when Im stable, we are both US citizens

Akong question is, is it the best for him? I feel so unproductive here in Pinas right now.....

help. help. help. mu show ra ang pics?

you might want to have this transferred here: https://www.istorya.net/forums/family-matters/

anyway, if you have the opportunity for a better life, take it.... sacrifices are made everyday...

di na pod ta parehas sauna nga menos communication...karon, we can see each other online in real time...
    alienation kay menos ra gyud.....

ang ubang tawo, nangita ana nga opportunity for a long time...... your kid will understand when he grows up................i know i did...... i understood why my father has to work abroad.......to give us a better life than what he had............

Quote Originally Posted by kit_cebu View Post
    you might want to have this transferred here: https://www.istorya.net/forums/family-matters/

anyway, if you have the opportunity for a better life, take it.... sacrifices are made everyday...

di na pod ta parehas sauna nga menos communication...karon, we can see each other online in real time...
    alienation kay menos ra gyud.....

ang ubang tawo, nangita ana nga opportunity for a long time...... your kid will understand when he grows up................i know i did...... i understood why my father has to work abroad.......to give us a better life than what he had............
    Thank you mau pod ingon sa mom sa ako best friend, how lucky we are we have webcam nowadays.

Banned User
    Blog Entries
    as long as you are leaving him in good hands.. then it should be fine... just make sure though that maybe after those terrible two's.. around 4 or 5, you might want to bring him with you...

Blog Entries
    bro, kung para jud sa future bro ok ra na siya...similiar situation man ta bro, nothing beats being with your baby jud....layo ko karon sa ako family bro but I make it a point to go home all the time, lisod na d ta mailhan sa ato baby unya...sa imo situation lisod jud kay sa US d ka makadali2x ug uli...para nko bro d jud lalim but if you make up for time lost ASAP it will be a risk I would be willing to take, kung maabtan 5 years murag lisod2x na...lisod jud ky in this case the means will never justify the end...importante man sad ang future sa baby but importante sad that the family grows with you...

Nag think ko longest mabilin sya is up till he is 3 years old. But the sooner the better... ga hope ko months lang gani xa i ibilin sa............

speaking as someone who was "left behind" for a "better life", please remember that material/financial matters are not the only things that your child needs. in fact, they may need your presence more than they need toys or good food to eat.

a one year old child is also looking for a "marker", someone he or she can mark as their parent/role model. i know because i currently have both a two year old and an almost-one-year old. its amazing how they pattern themselves on my wife who stays with them the most. so, unless you don't mind your kids patterning themselves on someone else other than you, i would suggest you be with your kids first. remember, your kid is now at his/her formative years and it is probably best that at least one parent is there for him/her.

also, have you seen the online video of that "yaya" kicking her charge around and then standing on the little boy/girl? try and find it, please. the kid was, i think two or three years old. now juxtapose that with your "dream of a better life" and see if what you are trying to get is actually for you, not for your kid.

that said, i could be very wrong about this. you're the only one who knows what is right for you and your family. maybe all those material/financial goals that you've set are what your baby really needs from you.

Quote Originally Posted by binarypill View Post
    speaking as someone who was "left behind" for a "better life", please remember that material/financial matters are not the only things that your child needs. in fact, they may need your presence more than they need toys or good food to eat.

a one year old child is also looking for a "marker", someone he or she can mark as their parent/role model. i know because i currently have both a two year old and an almost-one-year old. its amazing how they pattern themselves on my wife who stays with them the most. so, unless you don't mind your kids patterning themselves on someone else other than you, i would suggest you be with your kids first. remember, your kid is now at his/her formative years and it is probably best that at least one parent is there for him/her.

also, have you seen the online video of that "yaya" kicking her charge around and then standing on the little boy/girl? try and find it, please. the kid was, i think two or three years old. now juxtapose that with your "dream of a better life" and see if what you are trying to get is actually for you, not for your kid.

that said, i could be very wrong about this. you're the only one who knows what is right for you and your family. maybe all those material/financial goals that you've set are what your baby really needs from you.
    lola and auntie mag watch, no yaya... but yeah i think the best person jud xempre is me! gnhan ko sa ako liwat jod of course..........specially since my mom has the tendency to spoil and treat pa baby2x effect which dili nako style sa pag padako ug bata.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by matits View Post
    Nag think ko longest mabilin sya is up till he is 3 years old. But the sooner the better... ga hope ko months lang gani xa i ibilin sa............
    kung months lang bro i think its for the better, ako time frame giset before I can bring them here sa cebu or I start my own business in my hometown is 2 years, but at least I can go back several times a month...sakto jud ang gisulti sa isa bro that it will really matter that you are there for your baby during the first couple of years...i tell you bro, dili jud lalim nga malayo ka sa imo anak...but if its for the better and it won't reach a couple of years then i'd take that sacrifice, para man pod na sa baby...and as long as you know the baby is in good hands with your wife...in my case wa jud ko gakuha yaya and i made sure that my wife stopped working so she could take care of our baby and be a full time mom...

Quote Originally Posted by nijazared View Post
    kung months lang bro i think its for the better, ako time frame giset before I can bring them here sa cebu or I start my own business in my hometown is 2 years, but at least I can go back several times a month...sakto jud ang gisulti sa isa bro that it will really matter that you are there for your baby during the first couple of years...i tell you bro, dili jud lalim nga malayo ka sa imo anak...but if its for the better and it won't reach a couple of years then i'd take that sacrifice, para man pod na sa baby...and as long as you know the baby is in good hands with your wife...in my case wa jud ko gakuha yaya and i made sure that my wife stopped working so she could take care of our baby and be a full time mom...
    asa diay ka and unsa ka layo imo kids? may gani maka bisita2x ka...

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast