Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rule Number One

Blog Entries

Default Rule Number One

It's clearly stated in Rule Number One of the iStorya.net rules and regulations:

https://www.istorya.net/forums/news-a...rum-rules.html

1. Moderators are to be treated with utmost respect. If you have any issues with Moderators, course them thru the admins (BeoR / Galadriel) of the site or thru GlassMoon / Seducer privately. Persistent violations will result in a ban.

I'd be more than welcome to be removed as a moderator, if the administrators/owners of iStorya.net see fit. Otherwise, I am the designated moderator of this thread, and no one will dictate to me how I run things around here. So go ahead, and make your complaints THROUGH PROPER CHANNELS, it's your right. Do not however, pollute this board with your complaints--those who react to this post in a manner that violates Rule Number One, will receive infractions, and as many infractions as necessary to deal with blatant disregard for rules. Enough said.

Lahi man ang istayl ninyo, trial by publicity man nang inyoha--mag gather ug mga like-minded people and decide "Sige, atong patangtang si rodsky as moderator of the Science subforum, who are with us? Magpost ta didto and express our utter resentment at how he handles the forum!" (which is a clear violation of Rule Number One). Well, like I said, give it your best shot.

-RODION
    Last edited by rodsky; 03-05-2010 at 04:12 PM.

Infractions: 0/3 (6)
    we he he init man mo ug ulo gud, tan-awa ra gud ko bugnaw ra ko moreply diri, di man na kinahanglan ipaagi piti-piti ba. Kung sayop ko akong dawaton sa bugnaw nga paagi. Kung paminaw nako nga sakto ko unya naay magsupaksupak di na lang patas-on ang lalis.

pareha ra ta tanan diri nga wala pa ta matawo, science na nang daan.

labi na kung mag warning na ang moderator, cool down nalang ta.
    anyway, kung sakto jud ang atong gituohan nga prinsipyo ma-prove raman gihapon na madugay inig abot sa panahon.

rod, you dont have to reply the posts on the thread so you will not take it against you. The problem here is these, these people here trying to share ideas, but when you feel you dont like it, you close it. I dont see any "BASTOS" reply. I only saw your posts telling religion believers as RETARDED "qouted from: ATHIESTA".

It is just not possible to moderate when you take part of the discussion. If they reply against your post then that makes a ground for disrespect.

I hate to say this rod but this section, were dictated by you. Take a look on how this section goes... you open a few thread, you post inside most of the thread.

ANALOGY:

In a boxing match, there are two sides (left corner and right corner). If the referee will join the fight what happen to the essence as referee... if the boxer turns at the referee, its technical because the referee was supposed to moderate the fight.

What do you think the boxer would feel, if he is banned for life in the sport he never knew he violated.

Rod, i hope you open your mind on this case. Take the criticism. Please don't join on the the thread if you cannot take no for answer.

One more fact I wanted to point-out:

Nobody was banned for telling this:

RODSKY is right.

Everybody is endagered for telling this:

Rodsky is wrong.

Gud luck nalang sa Science Section. This section can stand on its own without the need for moderator to open thread to be discussed. Members are waiting for the time when there is a free section that we can discuss science.

/kick ang mga bastos.

Blog Entries
    kebotDiNaMute is now banned, as per iStorya.net forum Rule Number One violation.

Anyone else who wants to join him?

May I remind the people new to this section, that, prior to the recent posts made by atheista, kebotdinamute et al, there is absolutely no lack of discord in this subforum. Why do you think dili nako hilabtan si Fritz or si ethzneuron, or si cromagnon? Is it because sip-sip sila nako, or that they are paying me to let them post? Take chad_tukes for example, I don't agree with some of his posts, but did he violate Rule Number One? No, he did not. Did anyone else except for Atheista and Kebotdinamute violate rule number one? Yes, and where are they now? You know where they are.

Contrary to what some of you may believe, the Science subforum of iStorya is a healthy board--people who are indeed armed with the necessary tools for scientific discussion have long enjoyed discussing stuff in here, and they will continue to do so, and it will be my job to remove all the samok-samok, because I'm its moderator, only if to ensure that the other legit discussions started by those who follow its rules will continue. Only when I'm REMOVED as moderator will I lose that right. So again, if you want to follow PROPER PROCEDURE, and you have grounds in your complaints against how I manage this subforum, then air your grievances to the forum owners/admininstrators. It's that simple.

-RODION
    Last edited by rodsky; 03-04-2010 at 03:26 PM.

Infractions: 0/3 (6)
    Guys, to be safe, just keep this quote from the Forum FAQs in mind:

• I disagree with a moderator or a moderator is abusing his/her powers! Who do I talk to?

First and foremost, make sure you are absolutely sure about where you stand. Admins and other moderators will always side with fellow moderators in a he said/she said contest. The best way to resolve an issue is to PM a moderator and explain your side. It is best to do so politely. Taking a fight privately is not going to get you anywhere. If you cannot resolve your problem, PM BeoR and he will decide what should be done.

Hello! I know this is really out of topic but in due for the recent developments of this section I will share my opinions. If you examine the rules that our moderator has laid down, there is really nothing wrong. Everything is going well. We are sharing ideas and knowledge based on personal experience or experience through net or through life through our science related threads. I don't know the moderator nor have I met him personally except through this subforum. But I do believe and think that from the beginning, he is just playing by the rules. And in fact, he is also bound the by the rules even though he laid them down.

I may be wrong but the current rules (if really followed by everyone,) allows equal sharing of knowledge where nobody is discriminated. We only have respect for each other and value each others' opinions. Unfortunately, the topics that the recent threads deal with are argumentative in nature. And we all have something to say about it and it could easily go out of hand. That is why we should avoid those things here and just stick to science. I am not saying we shouldn't discuss these issues in real life only that this is not the right place for those kind of discussions.

Anyway, for once try to follow the rules of this subforum and you will see that it is a actually a healthy environment for sharing practical and useful knowledge if you really love science for what it truly is.

I guess the issue here is people trying to debunk established scientific facts and theories using a twisted sense of logic. While science is always changing, and facts can always be disproved or replaced (i.e. Newton's physics replaced by Einstein's relativity), trying to share your opinion without a reputable source only makes you look foolish. In short, this forum is not the place for inductive reasoning.

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vundaboi View Post
    In short, this forum is not the place for inductive reasoning.
    Or conspiracy theories.

Because we are poor, shall we be vicious? vern's Avatar
    I don't see anything wrong with inductive reasoning when people know that they are standing on shaky ground.

Point of fact ... Q.E.D.

pwede ni sa general discussion.

OT

rodsky violated our freedom to post.
    but we need to consider our responsibilities also in posting.

we need to stick to the rules.
    not the martial rule.
    Last edited by rodsky; 03-16-2010 at 10:24 AM.

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast