Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Sight Beyond Sight. muzikfreakah's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Dual Core Centrino Vs Turion (Mobile Processors) which would you get today?

Im thinking Turion since its 64bit ready and since Vista's cum'n late this year itll be more worth it, what do you think?
    The Wonder Pets of a Reptile Addict.

www.mytechisland.com

Default Re: Dual Core Centrino Vs Turion (Mobile Processors) which would you get today?

I've read a few reviews myself. Usually AMD's Turion wins in perfomance, but Intel Dual Core Centrino is still better at power management.

I move around with my notebook everyday. So battery life is important for me. So I'd go for Intel.

Default Re: Dual Core Centrino Vs Turion (Mobile Processors) which would you get today?

Assuming buying today, as in most things, intended use would perhaps make the difference. For mobility, Pentium M seems the better buy, for reasons obemon mentions. For gaming, the Turion might give the Pentium a run for the money. The 64-bit advantage is not yet a deal breaker at the moment since the applications that make full use of it are not yet that many and that mature.

In the near future though, a lot of factors could change the equation. There is Vista of course. And there are the new processor architectures that are coming in 6 months, both from Intel and AMD.

In the end, it comes down to a question of how immediate is your need for a new mobile computer and what applications are most imporant to you.

Blog Entries

Thanks for the opinion guys, think im going for turion because the MSI laptops have a very good price for their turion laptops, @ 69,000 im getting 512mb, 64bit AMD Turion processor, wifi, bluetooth, 40gig, a bag etc.. all in crisp ipod white casing with a 12 inch LCD. And of course, I strongly believe that this year 64bit aps should start to pop here in there since vista will be released soon, thats gives this turion laptop a long term edge over the dual core.

www.mytechisland.com

my notebook is a pentium m, but i still plug it in the wall outlet kay kapoy segi drain and charge maguba lang ang battery...

go for turion, 64 bit ready, kung magprogramming ka the better, also a lot of turion user is a LINUX user programmer 64 bit programmer, maybe there is a lot of money in 64 bit industry if ur a programmer..

Conroe ( laptop based) nalang inig hmm.. maybe october?

Quote Originally Posted by koto
    Conroe ( laptop based) nalang inig hmm.. maybe october?
    he did say today.. which is march 19 , 2006

@Ryan, that seems value for money indeed. Do let us know how it performs. Might get one too (can't afford pa)

@ryan, I got an MSI myself great great value for the money gyud and oh Turion64 sad siya hehe

Blog Entries

@everyone the laptop will arrive tom Will let you know how it goes
    @Darkwing: which particular model?

www.mytechisland.com

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast