Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Microsoft Office 2007 Beta 2 Download

It's now available for 'public' download from Microsoft. Vista (Beta 2) will also follow soon.

Office 2007 Beta2 Download: http://www.microsoft.com/office/prev...n/default.mspx

Default Re: Microsoft Office 2007 Beta 2 Download

Those "ribbons" is either a love it or hate it makeover for the productivity suite. Might take some time for people to get used to it.. but then it's a refreshing change to what's now a stale line of products..

They can change whatever they want with Office for all I care. The only thing that really bothered me was Clippy (and the rest of his retarded Office Assistant friends). I'm so glad they were turned off by default the last few versions.

Memory Hog.... tsk tsk tsk...

Quote Originally Posted by dark_humbz
    Really ? show me proof of your claim.

Quote Originally Posted by dark_humbz
    Have you actually used it? Or just assuming since its from MS.

It's not that bad actually considering its BETA. I've been using it on a 3 yr old 'test' system and it works great. Haven't had single crash yet nor seen any signs of system slowing down with 1 or 2 of the Office apps running.

Downloaded the beta and installed it.. There were hiccups in the installation but otherwise it managed to install.. The UI is very startling at first, especially if you're used to all the hotkeys and menu shortcuts in the older Office version. In fact it took me some 30minutes or more tinkering with it to get the look and feel I wanted. Somehow, the interface was crammed after that and took up much real estate space, nevertheless it was very useable and in fact IMO very efficient.

I've experienced a crash when I imported e-mail settings to Outlook but neatly enough when I ran the application it recognized the crash and what I was doing and finished the import process. As to the memory hog issues, on my 384 MB laptop, performance was ok and snappy in fact. The problem was when I multitasked word, powerpoint, excel and outlook together. But in real lifeĀ* you wouldn't use all 4 apps together right?

I was tinkering with Office 2007 for nearly 6 hours and for a beta for its most popular app, it's going on nicely and smoothly.

Update: I dont know what went wrong, but it must be a conflict with my Acrobat Distiller plug-in for Word, the entire interface sloooooowed to a crawl... But when I removed the acrobat plug-in and a macro script plug-in, it went fine. I guess these aren't compatible yet with office 2k7..

He just assumed nga memory hog kay gikan man MS and guess what he is using MS products himself, unta mo reklamo mo ayaw mog gamit sa mga software gi himo anang compnayaha

have used BETA 1... memory hog jud.. hehe 50mb kapin ang kaon as you go along with your word for about cguro mga 30 mins work... i dunno kun asa pa kutob kaonon ani...

that office requires a 3d Vga card...

asa gi download nyo ani? kani ra office? asa ani? OOPLUS.EXE? BCM-EN.EXE? OVP-EN.EXE? nag libog nako, ahehe sa cge nako click..

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast