Page 9 of 106 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast

Default Istoryan Writers

bumping this back up, just in case people from this group get the sudden inspiration to revive this thread.

Blog Entries

Default Istoryan Writers

OT: ikaw diay reg wala na?
    nus-a man full moon balik beh...

Full Time Slave-driver blade101's Avatar

Default Istoryan Writers

apil nalang ang when where and what reg

Blog Entries

Default Istoryan Writers

okies.. di na ko masakit. saunz. hala go.. when and where and what reg.. according to blade101..

Default Istoryan Writers

i own a wastebasket too.
    but my "milieu" consists of only my sister.
    i havent had any professional testimonial of my "rubbish" since my sophomore year., when i took my last comm arts elective.
    My political science profs had been hammering a differrent flavor in writing. And as I had been busy (recently) with finishing my undergrad thesis, i think i have been very rusty. We were more concrned with being objective, avoiding plagiarism like the plague (by being overly conscious of citations), and being as truthful about the results as possible. No room for imagination there.
    research do bore me to tears. Once i had affected an inclination towards these fields but leanings cant be forced.
    i want to write.
    Only i cant find an audience. and its so difficult. So hard to write sometimes.

Default Istoryan Writers

i want to write.
    Only i cant find an audience. and its so difficult. So hard to write sometimes.
    Annie, how about writing motion pictures?

You know, look around you. Inside your house. The people who are with you. Turn a good and tranquil situation into something that goes terribly wrong. Breaking the day to day routine causing stress. Then, you have a scenario, you have a conflict... from there turn it into your story to tell.

Default Istoryan Writers

Plots are never a problem. A thousand run through my head everyday. One word, a scent, or a snatch of a scene can make my wheels turn full time. hehe. plots are never a problem for me. Im more concerned about how i deliver them. Im so conscious of how im coming through, my syntax, my tone, everything. This is thanks to my social sciences writing. I know being overly conscious of your work only serves to block you more. But Im letting them come. I want to write something significant, something I knew real well, something that other people could relate to. Not just another "exciting, novel" story. I even have a blueprint that has been running around my head for three years now. Actually getting it down on paper is the hardest part. Ive started a lot of times and I would get stumped on the third page. whew. I dont know what's delaying the words to come...

Blog Entries

Default Istoryan Writers

see you this full moon, my fellow werewolves!

Default Istoryan Writers

But Im letting them come. I want to write something significant, something I knew real well, something that other people could relate to.
    Hey! I have the same problem too! I came up with crazy sh1t about a month ago... but the material doesn't really quite connect to people at a cultural. Or a social level.

It's about psycho-somatic healing, what I wrote. But I guess that's a little... esoteric and high brow.

Default To All Storytellers - I'm serious this time

Kinsa ninyu naai mga baga kaau ug kabuang, dali ra makapangita ug kabuang hatagan lang ug usa kasitwasyon, naa na daUN moi storya masuwat?

Or if naa na moi nasuwat daan, pwedi ninyo i-endorse diri unya sugot dayun mo na ipa adapt as motion picture (preferably short)?

Ma attach man inyong name sa title... if dili, kamo ang mag direct gyud.

In screenwriting, there is something called economy of words, well if you have stories that have economy of characters, then that might be usable and practical too...

*And if anyone of you is capable of writing material that can be turned into a full-feature film albeit one that must be restrained as to a zero budget undertaking, please do PM me.

Thanks.

11.    Advertisement

Page 9 of 106 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast