Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Default That's just an old wives' tale.

Drinking cold water will have no effect on the way your body deposits fat in your midsection. Immediate effects of the cold may include vasoconstriction of blood vessels - nothing to do with fat.

I read somewhere that drinking a lot of ICE COLD WATER everyday will actually cause your body to BURN MORE CALORIES than if you were drinking plain old lukewarm water.

Why?

Because your body needs to UTILIZE ENERGY to warm up that water. (through the Krebs cycle and the generation of ATP) I think the count was like 50-70 extra burnt calories a day if you drink ~8 GLASSES OF really cold water EVERYDAY.

That isn't really much, but I guess all the little things do add up.

please visit my new blog at Sitting Pretty in Cebu City! leave a comment IF YOU CAN! or click Follow, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by sittingprettyincebucity View Post
    Drinking cold water will have no effect on the way your body deposits fat in your midsection. Immediate effects of the cold may include vasoconstriction of blood vessels - nothing to do with fat.

I read somewhere that drinking a lot of ICE COLD WATER everyday will actually cause your body to BURN MORE CALORIES than if you were drinking plain old lukewarm water.

Why?

Because your body needs to UTILIZE ENERGY to warm up that water. (through the Krebs cycle and the generation of ATP) I think the count was like 50-70 extra burnt calories a day if you drink ~8 GLASSES OF really cold water EVERYDAY.

That isn't really much, but I guess all the little things do add up.

please visit my new blog at Sitting Pretty in Cebu City! leave a comment IF YOU CAN! or click Follow, thanks!

hmmm..ok pod ni da..il visit ur blog...

not true at all
    mas mo prefer ko inom ug bugnaw nga tubig everytime mkaon ko..
    up until now dli dako akong tiyan..

4.    Advertisement

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789