Page 87 of 111 FirstFirst ... 778485868788899097 ... LastLast

My new tategoi:

Haha ND just mentioned your tategois. He told me to check em out 'cos he saw them sa koi.my. Sabi ko baka nasa Istorya na. Meron na nga. Ganda ng katawan. Congrats!

Blog Entries
    nice oy! how much each of them?

Maganda napili mo! Masyado malaki ulo nung isa sabi ni ND.

nice kau imung koi sir... ^_^

up..............

Blog Entries

1 month after sa showa ni develop na iyang lawas then ang sumi nya has improve. the reds are improving peru wla pajud ni pula maau sa nawng

Sir, I recommend Spirulina. It's a little costly pero very effective.Please read below.

Spirulina 1978 by Grant Fujita

Recently, a new Koi food has been found to have some positive effect on the colour of Nishikigoi. The food is an algae called Spirulina. Spirulina has been tested and cultivated in Marine Life testing laboratories in Nigata. Spirulina has been found to have a high content of the carotenoid colour pigment, which is very effective on the colour of Nishikigoi. For a long time, Spirulina, as food, has been cultivated in the Republic of Chad in Central Africa.

Analysis of Spirulina

71% protein, 8% fat, 16% carbohydrate, plus vitamins, a chlorophyll and carotenoid. Sprirulina was found to have a higher protein contend, better digestibility and had other ingredients good for Koi, compared to Chlorella another algae used as Koi food. Spirulina is also easy to cultivate and harvest.

Algae – Spirulina – Main carotenoid ingredient – Zeaxanthin
    Algae – Chlorella – Main carotenoid ingredient – Lutein.

In a test on Goldfish, redness can be divided into two main colour pigments. Astacanthin for red and Lutein for yellow. It was found that Zeaxanthin became the red colour pigment Astaxanthin. Lutein or yellow colour pigment will not change to Astaxanthin. The test showed that the red colour on the Goldfish or Koi is Astaxanthin. Zeaxanthin enters the fish body and becomes Astaxanthin.

Spirulina has a large content of Zeaxanthin, which becomes the red pigment Astaxanthin. It was thought that Spirulina would have a positive effect on the colour of Nishikigooi. Dr. Hiroshi Yasumasa at the University of Tokyo performed a test in which Lutein and Zeaxanothin with Astacanthin were mixed with Koi food and fed for 35 days. The results are as follows:

The experiment showed that Zeaxanthin (Astaxanthin) heightens not only red colour but also the white colour. In Japan, there is a place called Ishiwa, which is well known for the beautifully coloured Koi. Recent research has shown that the reason for the colour heightened Koi was the presence of algae, which is similar to Spirulina, upon which the Koi fed. Further research will be conducted to verify this fact.

Blog Entries
    how much is per kilo for this? where do we buy this

Quote Originally Posted by alvingo View Post
    how much is per kilo for this? where do we buy this

We use this Sakura Koi food - Koi fish food to feed our kois. But I don't think it's available at Piper's. What they have is Hakari which they sell at 4220/5kg and OceanFREE for 1650/5kg; However, if you want a cheaper alternative (though I don't know if it's as effective), you can try and check out Mike's products. Here's the link:

https://www.istorya.net/forums/pets/2...e-koishop.html

11.    Advertisement