Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Seoul / Korea

I'm going to korea this dec for a vacation. Should I change won here or there in korea?

@jassy

Before we went to South Korea, we changed our money in Ayala forex located on the 4th floor along fitness first and department store.
    I think they have good exchange rates. but better canvas on other forex first

So what we did was changed 30% (that's good for a few days) of our money to Won then the 70% or rest of our money was changed to USD. There are a lot of forex around the shopping and tourism districts of Seoul, again canvas for a better exchange rate.

and oh... they have really cozy forex.

enjoy and cheers!

Blog Entries
    Hi ask lang ko kinsa naa marecommend nko nga accomodation sa Seoul or sa Jeju mga 1500 below lang ang budget pero dli kanang dorm type kana bang kaw ra usa naa ba ngon ana nga price thanks daan....

Quote Originally Posted by pirehro View Post
    @jassy

Before we went to South Korea, we changed our money in Ayala forex located on the 4th floor along fitness first and department store.
    I think they have good exchange rates. but better canvas on other forex first

So what we did was changed 30% (that's good for a few days) of our money to Won then the 70% or rest of our money was changed to USD. There are a lot of forex around the shopping and tourism districts of Seoul, again canvas for a better exchange rate.

and oh... they have really cozy forex.

enjoy and cheers!

Thanks for the tips. Visa approved less than a week. I'm going to be scheduling my itinerary.

Going to Seoul next year! Am so excited lol

ayaw kalimot sa akong ref magnet.. ikaw ni JLF? hehe

Quote Originally Posted by menatsu View Post
    Going to Seoul next year! Am so excited lol

Quote Originally Posted by mykeL View Post
    ayaw kalimot sa akong ref magnet.. ikaw ni JLF? hehe
    haha! OK :P nakapalit naman ko last time, murag naa ni RP! haha ) pero mangita ko og lain lol

sa imoha lng ko mg ask regarding korea ug mka larga sad ko ddto puhon.. hehe

Quote Originally Posted by menatsu View Post
    haha! OK :P nakapalit naman ko last time, murag naa ni RP! haha ) pero mangita ko og lain lol

Our arrival to Incheon is 930 pm. If ever flight gets delayed for an hour and the immigration and customs takes one hour maybe we exit around 1130 pm. Will we make it outside to ride the Arex train going to the city?

How much is the budget per day for typical food and transpo?

Quote Originally Posted by jassy View Post
    Our arrival to Incheon is 930 pm. If ever flight gets delayed for an hour and the immigration and customs takes one hour maybe we exit around 1130 pm. Will we make it outside to ride the Arex train going to the city?
    went back to korea backpacking for the first time last oct 16-31. we had the same arrival time & was delayed by 40 mins. korean immigration won't take that long, i assure you. it would just take around 5-10 mins. i took the all-stop train going to seoul station since the non-stop AREX's last trip to seoul was at 21:50. you don't have to go outside the airport. it's at the basement of the main airport building. buy the T-money card (costs 2,500 won & load it with at least 20,000 won) at 711 or GS25 store/s at the airport after you get your luggage & ask for a train map at the information.

i would suggest that you take the airport bus going to your destination as trains would be only until 12MN. i just took the train as part of my adventure. i took off at seoul station & took a taxi going to myeongdong as it is already past midnight. i just showed the korean address & the driver just inputted it in the taxi's GPS. fare? the T-money card is accepted as long as you have enough load so i suggested the 20,000 won but it was just around 4,000 for the taxi fare (depends on distance).

How much is the budget per day for typical food and transpo?
    food budget? mine was 20,000 won a day but most of the time around 12,000 won. mind you, a single person's meal in some resto can feed 2 persons. if on a tight budget, go for the street foods or the kimbap or the ramyeon. u can use the T-money card to buy food at selected convenience stores (711, GS25, CU, mini stop) & some small resto.

transpo? i just took the subway most of the time as it is less of a hassle. public buses are quite confusing if you're not familiar with their routes. the T-money card can be recharged for an amount at all subway stations. it's the most convenient item moving around the city.

hope this helps.
    Last edited by quasimodo; 11-14-2014 at 12:21 AM.

11.    Advertisement

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5678910 ... LastLast