Page 8 of 106 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Istoryan Writers

Blongkoy,
    i wish you could have pushed me in one of your luggage.. hehee.. grabe.. i could just imagine the places you've been to.. i wish to have a copy of turistang ahat also.
    welcome home, sir blongx! it's nice to see you post again.

Default Istoryan Writers

Where are the Istoryan writers?

Was that initial rush of feelings to get organized just like a small prairie fire? Even this thread is now seldom visited.

Of course, we are all busy, this I understand. But I initially thought that writing was an integral part of our business --- in which case, so I thought, in finding company to this very lonely piece of work, we become a lot more energized.

It is clear to me now. This idea of writing is nothing more than a passtime, nothing more than mere scribbling.

Nothing more than plain and simple whack of our imagination.

So now I go to find another community elsewhere.

Thank you.

Default Istoryan Writers

Quote Originally Posted by reggiebuang
    even small prairie fires have ways of getting bigger...
    the initial rush might have been dampened because of individual pursuits... one can never be too sure... but writing will always be there...

perhaps, some tips on writing and some lessons (or books) are in order, those that teach good writing might come in handy... for our future organization...

writers in istorya are never too scarce (but are sadly too concerned with everyday tasks...)

pardon my prattle, i am still very interested in learning how to write better and getting ourselves organized.

Blongkoy, i sure am glad you are back... then you could talk some sense into our boggled brains...
    reggiebuang,

As an independent, independent filmmaker, I am now happy watching SineBuano at a distance producing their own films.

It was to this premise that I was excited sensing the sudden impetus of Istoryan writers to bond together --- (in my thinking) in the hope of setting up an independent publishing body both for self-expression and business (i.e employment of whatever talent we have in writing).

I know there are resources out there waiting to be tapped. For over 30 uninterrupted years until 2001, I was involved in no small matter in grant management. I am just confident the Istoryan writers, once verified to be existing and raring to go and embrace writing for a much larger purpose, those resources are always available.

Perhaps, I am rushing you guys to where you are not yet ready. Perhaps, I am expecting too much for things to shape up in a flick of a finger. Perhaps, I am just fantasizing the Istoryan writers to be a vehicle towards a more challenging engagement.

May those "perhaps" be, in pushing for the creation of Istoryan writers beyond the bounds of ordinary, my only concern was and still is to find a community to belong, one that is filled with promise and hope in the twilight of my life --- the purpose for which we are all looking why in the first place we exist.

See you all when you have time to go slow. In the meantime, I will keep myself busy on more mundane things.

Blog Entries

Default Istoryan Writers

i respect that, sir blongx.
    i admit i am not ready yet for the many plans that you have for this thread. in fact, i feel so honored to have this kind of support from a respected person like yourself. making this thread was just my thrust to find other people to ignite the flame of my writing interest.. a flame that has been set aside for so long..
    this thread has helped me befriend my trashcan and pc again in the arts of writing. maybe i wasn't expecting a lot. my bad. i wish to get to know more, though.
    in my earlier posts, i mentioned how important writing is to me. i just want to get in touch with that. thank you guys for letting me know that side of me again.

Default Istoryan Writers

To many people, writing is where they draw class and prestige, unknowing of the many pains associated with it --- such as the rejection of what they thought as mind-blowing piece of existential value.

But, really, this inclination does not differ much from the desire of many to direct movies, unknowing of the many sleepless nights and lonely presence in post-production bays. In fact, I am of the opinion that many film producers in the past went into film production as a way of reclaiming their space in social status; precisely why past movies went down the drain because there was no business mind directing them. Writing, for its own sake and for the sake of the prestige associated with it, is not going to prosper if the writer remains the only reader of his/her piece. There has to be an audience willing to sweat it out in the sun if only to read the writer.

But writing is not about money if this is the impression here. It is about fleshing an idea in the manner of surviving the process of creation. This is because the writer dies in the unfeeling world of his/her piece being laid by the wayside of appreciable literature.

Default Istoryan Writers

I hate writing.

I like to direct and develop the writer's ideas and see how can realize the writer's story with my own voice...

Default Istoryan Writers

Quote Originally Posted by MrBiddle
    I hate writing.

I like to direct and develop the writer's ideas and see how can realize the writer's story with my own voice...
    If you, MrBiddle, want to direct --- beg, steal or borrow --- produce the film! Or if you have an uncle who is a rich dentist, blackmail him to produce a film with you as the director!

For a time I thought I could be discovered by a producer to direct by hanging around Lambert Avellana Films (in Manila) and in Petroglyph Rock Productions (in Los Angeles). Nothing much happened. So I thought of producing my own films by:

1. learning to tap available resources; and

2. learning how to (a) write screenplay, (b) do pre-production, (c) casting and rehearsals, (d) operate a camera [I started with toy-like S8mm], (d) tinker with laboratory machines [such as the Grundig lines], (e) direct [even softcore blue movies], and (f) do post-production like editing and negative cutting.

Default Istoryan Writers

This now looks like a dead thread.

Even the people who initiated this are not anymore visiting this thread. So I guess I will be wasting my time if I ever visit this thread again.

Blog Entries

Default Istoryan Writers

The pages are still blank, but there is a miraculous feeling of the words being there, written in invisible ink and clamoring to become visible. ~Vladimir Nabakov

it's a bit sad that you feel it will be a waste visiting this thread. for i have learned a lot about it. our objective might not be the same but still, it's an honor meeting people like you.

It is necessary to write, if the days are not to slip emptily by. How else, indeed, to clap the net over the butterfly of the moment? For the moment passes, it is forgotten; the mood is gone; life itself is gone. That is where the writer scores over his fellows: he catches the changes of his mind on the hop. ~Vita Sackville-West

Default Istoryan Writers

Submit your great original articles to www.isnare.com submission is free!

11.    Advertisement

Page 8 of 106 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast