Page 8 of 1197 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast

Default .. all about Religion here..

it definitely is authentic..it has been carbon-dated and it was written earlier than the new testament books like Mathew, Luke , Mark and John..

the reason it was neglected(if not hidden) by the Chrsitian Church(not just Catholic) today because it contradicts our perception of the Jesus we know..example of this is a child Jesus who zaps electric-like powers at birds and his fellow children..another is Jesus kissing Mary Magdalene(yup,made famous by Dan Brown's Da Vinci Code)..

so does it affect one's faith?..yes it does

kung tinnuod ni...aw maboang ang simbahang catholico romana..ug tanan mga tinuhoan na nag basi sa ilang tudlo gikan sa bibliya. feriod.

jst heard of it pa, i'll read more abt it

peps.

The Dead Sea Scrolls contains all the Old Testament books plus others prophesies and commentaries. It doesn't include New Testament or any story about Jesus and His ministry.

This just mean that the Old Testament is as reliable than we thought because of these discoveries.

cheers!

The Old Testament prophecy is fairly popular in the region. It is the basis of Judaism. Jewish however, doesn't believe in the New Testament because they believe that the Messiah mentioned in the Old Testament has not come yet. They do not believe that Jesus is the said Messiah.

To say that because of the discovery, it made the OT reliable...I have to say it is a bad association. The OT are quite old but it doesn't mean that it is actually true. They are merely writings and prophecies about the coming Messiah and the stories of people before Jesus Christ. It is history mixed with religion. It is comparable to the story of Troy in Greek mythology. History mixed with stories of the supernatural.

i would respectfully disagree.

the old testament binds the history of israel from which all its traditions and practices can be traced from the law of moses passed to generation after generations. knowing that their religious practices haven't changed even from after 2000 years or more where secular history books hold its confirmation.

the Quran and NT based its foundation from OT and the Dead Sea Scrolls have solidified its claims. not to mention other reliable artifacts of old discovered by archaelogists.

cheers!

Default Re: Dos it matter if the Romn Catholic Chrch can only trace its root frm the Apotles

Sayop diay ang X-Files abi nako "out there" ang kamato-oran

Bati-aaaaa

Default Re: Dos it matter if the Romn Catholic Chrch can only trace its root frm the Apotles

Quote Originally Posted by Streetcar
    the bible has been interpreted, revised, concised all through ages. The real truth is in the Dhuay-Rheims.
    Dili gihapon ta kaingon nga mao ni sakto because translation ra man pud ni siya sa Latin Vulgate. In fact, dungan-dungan ni sila ug gawas sa King James version. Ang kalainan lang nila is ang Douay-Rhimes is the only authorized version by the Catholic Chruch back then while the KJV is used by the Lutherans. So mabias na ta ana.

Quote Originally Posted by IceInHeLL
    rcruman: I think this is better, you've doubted the bible and i believed the bible.

Ice: I believe you know much about the Bible, you kept on qouting it everytime you give an answer. I dare you for an intellectual exhange. I'll prove that it is not perfect...and you prove that it is perfect. Perhaps, by then, we will have deeper discussions on most of our arguments since I have noticed, everytime you put up an argument, you refer to the Bible as if all the information in it is perfect. What do you say my friend...let's stay in "all about religion" by fingolfin?
    That's what im trying to say, The bible is complete for those who have faith in God.
    Its an edge on your side if I just use the bible cause you've doubted the information in the bible right?
    In our time where do you have idea or information of religion and God if we don't base the bible?
    Just go on my friend, use all your reference and i will use mine.

Peace!

but the protestants and catholics helped in translating the "Good News Bible" right?
    Reading the bible must have guidance with the Holy Spirits.
    Peter was not the First Pope as the Catholics claimed.
    It is prohibited by Christ to Call anyone in faith "father" matthew 23:8-9.
    Pope is another word of Father.
    So Peter the apostles wont allow the christians to call him "santo papa" cause it will violate the law of Christ.

Peace!

11.    Advertisement

Page 8 of 1197 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast