Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by orion View Post
    pinoyapache,

Just curious, why always the milled corn instead of rice? Is it just a matter of preference?

Nindot ta ikuyog sa sunday but my time wont permit me.
    milled corn is quicker to cook than rice on the trail plus it takes that long to digest giving more energy to last on a long trek.

if you are comfortable with rice, no problem with that. my buddies have adapted with milled corn quite well...

Quote Originally Posted by orion View Post
    Seems very easy to do making fire from this one, but in reality you'll lose tons of sweat before you can make one. Hehehe...

Great job sir.
    Excerpts from my future novel: "You got shipwrecked and stranded on an island. You have only your clothes you wear with you and a little Swiss Army. On the first night it was very cold and you liked to get yourself some warmth on the second night. The problem is you got no matches but you remembered something posted in istorya.net and you get the idea of how to make a fire by friction. You tried and tried until you got a flame going and you promised yourself that you will not get cold again..."
    Last edited by pinoyapache; 03-27-2010 at 01:26 PM.

Camp Red and this thread is featured in a blog by Tomahawks Adventure Travel & Survival

i like IT PARK as well.. right in the middle of Cebu and very accessible. so when do we set it up for guys? an evening or a weekend morning?

Default bamboo fire saw

My Aeta friend Tata makes it look easy. the Negritos use a different technique tho.
    check out the youtube video.

tomahawk

YouTube - Tata making fire with Bamboo

Default corn

Quote Originally Posted by pinoyapache View Post
    milled corn is quicker to cook than rice on the trail plus it takes that long to digest giving more energy to last on a long trek.

if you are comfortable with rice, no problem with that. my buddies have adapted with milled corn quite well...
    corn will give you much more energy then rice. in winter it will cause your body temps to rise quite a bit .

I have seen horses and mules in extream snow storms with the snow melting on their backs after eating a gallon of whole corn each.

One of my favorite trail foods is course ground corn meal, it can be cooked as a cereal, made into ash cakes or eaten dry.

tomahawk

Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk View Post
    corn will give you much more energy then rice. in winter it will cause your body temps to rise quite a bit .

I have seen horses and mules in extream snow storms with the snow melting on their backs after eating a gallon of whole corn each.

One of my favorite trail foods is course ground corn meal, it can be cooked as a cereal, made into ash cakes or eaten dry.

tomahawk
    Our boys make good in basketball because they eat a lot of corn.

Quote Originally Posted by Gills View Post
    i like IT PARK as well.. right in the middle of Cebu and very accessible. so when do we set it up for guys? an evening or a weekend morning?
    We could have another alternative like "Gisangag" along M. Velez St.

@Gills & @SPRINGFIELD_XD please give me your most convenient day and time so we could schedule our first eye-ball. I am available only after 5:30PM on weekdays and on Sundays.

am available after 630 weekdays except thurs and sundays...which am availble most of the day.

11.    Advertisement

Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast