Page 7 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast

Default Re: Jobs @ accenture

Quote Originally Posted by spikes
    Mao ba? Maybe kulang pa gyod imo expercience.. Anyway sultian lang tka sa current setup namo sa current project. Actually, it's first of a kind project maybe here in the philippines or in the region. Unya kabalo ka unsa age majority sa developers? below 25. To think ang project is very critical. Why do you think ila man gipili ang mga bata nga dev? To think impressed pa ang client sa current status sa project.

So you think still applies? hahahaha...
    Yup. Still applies coz you still haven't, in your subjective opinion, made your point or proven I'm wrong.

Ana gyud na, bai, supak napud taman sa ginhawa. Kai I stand by comment. So sorry.

25 ang age sa mga members bai?. Kinsay nagdagan sa team ug sa company? 25yr old gyapon? LOL

FYI. Walay connection ang project (whatever it is) ug ang age sa mga delegates. I'm wondering how or why you made that connection. I'm guessing inexperience siguro. Smaller subtasks don't require someone with a master's degree. Mao gani gibungkag aron makaya sa oras ug sa tao. Basics na sa project management, bai! Wala mo ana? Oh, I remember they don't teach that in IT college! LOL Hay, bai, you have so much to learn, padawan. Pag-tan-aw ana imo project bai from a manager's perspective. Kai from their point of view, you are nothing without them. Kai as far as I can tell bai inyo lead mas ngilngig pa na ninyo tanan combined. Kaso lang nag apas sa oras mao na naa mo! So don't think too highly of yourselves.

Anyway, pointless makiglalis or mohatag ug advice nimo kay ganahan man gyud ka mosupak. (You're probably thinking you're gonna get laid by doing so.) OT na kaayo ka coz ganahan man gyud ka manghagit ug lalis nako. Nya sayop raba or unrelated ramblings. Collect your thoughts first before raising your piss. Hay, typical 20 something gyud. B*tch first then make corrections later.

To answer your question "Why gipili nga mga bata nga dev?": It's because sayon ra mo ma ulo-ulo. God, anyone knows the answer to that question!

Quote Originally Posted by randzg
    I dont think this is true... i'm passed 25 but i know i am not THAT good... hehe.. i've seen people at work way passed 25 but not even close to good... just my opinion.. peace!
    I'm speaking in terms of emotional experience, bai, not skills in general. Kita bitaw ka anang mga tiguwang nga mga experienced na kaayo. Pa hilom2x lang maskin unsa pa na ka ngilngig or mas maayo or updated na ang mas bata pa niya. Think along the lines anang kung-fu master bai. The older guy may be slow and weak compared to the vigorous and faster youth. But, of course, through experience maskin unsaon paghagit sa batan-on di gyud siya sukol coz he knows, with one blow, paksit gyud nang bataa without even breaking a sweat. Mao na hilom2x lang. Pasensya lang.

Sadly that is not the case for the individuals here. feeling nila gi daug2x sila sa mga tiguwang. They are there to teach you something. If you refuse to humble yourself. Aw, you already failed on the first try.

Then.,, can i say something here?

i think you people shouldn't be judging a person through his age. I think it just depends on the individual's personality.
    There are some 25's who aren't that good and not that proud as well. There are also some above 25's who are really great and proud of it. And vice versa.
    So, there shouldn't be any generalization here, or stereotyping.

If a person is boastful and proud and determined to climb up the corporate ladder, then he will be that person no matter what his age is, how high his IQ is and his level of experience.
    If a person is humble and contented and chooses to keep silent and maintain a low profile, then he will be that person no matter what his age is, how high his IQ is and his level of experience.

i'm above 25, but i'm not taking any sides.
    it's true that emotional experience also matters, but you can't judge a person's emotional experience thru his age.

Quote Originally Posted by tokidoki
    I'm speaking in terms of emotional experience, bai, not skills in general. Kita bitaw ka anang mga tiguwang nga mga experienced na kaayo. Pa hilom2x lang maskin unsa pa na ka ngilngig or mas maayo or updated na ang mas bata pa niya. Think along the lines anang kung-fu master bai. The older guy may be slow and weak compared to the vigorous and faster youth. But, of course, through experience maskin unsaon paghagit sa batan-on di gyud siya sukol coz he knows, with one blow, paksit gyud nang bataa without even breaking a sweat. Mao na hilom2x lang. Pasensya lang.
    sakto pud ni nga analogy...the scenarios pointed out has been happening for ages...ana jud na mochallenge jud ang newbies or youth sa mga "has been there done that oldies este experienced"...in any field of expertise; just look at the NBA, rookies try to challenge veterans, some will succeed but many will falter in its initial attempt...

igloo, I already clarified that I'm not speaking in relation to skill. It is a proven medical & psychological fact that a person's sense of maturity is different as he ages. Example ani is teenagers getting pregnant at an early age. Dili ni tungod sa biga. It's because teenagers or younger are unable to comprehend long term consequences as compared to someone who is, say, 24yrs old who are capable of planning things in the long term. Mao na bantayonon gyud sila. If you're ever wondering ngano stricto kaayo atong parents atong pagkabata nato, this explanation will give you enlightenment. I used to hate the rules and stuff but now kasabot nako ngano ing-ana to sila.

It's not stereotyping bai. It's how our brain evolves and there are no shortcuts to it.

It is a proven medical & psychological fact that a person's sense of maturity is different as he ages.
    yes, it's true that a person's sense of maturity differs as he ages... but not all young people start as immature as you think they are. so, that means they are already at a higher level while they were young.
    There are some already in their late 20's but did nothing when they were young, wasted time and stuff, and just decided to get back to the world later. How can you compare them to those in their early 20's who worked hard and couldn't do life without learning and doing anything for a single minute?

Don't you think they would equal?

If you're ever wondering ngano stricto kaayo atong parents atong pagkabata nato, this explanation will give you enlightenment. I used to hate the rules and stuff but now kasabot nako ngano ing-ana to sila.
    I have to say, when i was at that stage, i never questioned my parents strictness. i understood by then, what they were doing that for, and maybe i was just lucky enough to have older siblings to explain it to me when i was young.

Yet, i could still say there are some younger people i know who are more mature than me. And there are some older people i know who are more immature than me.

Wala diay mga tigulang nga bantayonon? naa man.

oo diay. kanang gi alzheimer's na. heheheh....

but what you're describing are extreme or exceptional cases na bai. consider all variables equal muna.

"it is always good to know that when you do something good.. someone can always do it better regardless of age."

its all boils down to exposure, if you where exposed to it at a young age then you'd do it better when you reach the age of your older colleagues who just got exposed to it.
    no need to under-estimate unexperienced/young people as everyone of us started with nothing and will end with nothing.

stop the sour graping and let it pass, as it is what a "mature" person would do right?.
    no need to discourage anyone from applying.

the brain "evolves" to its surrounding. if you are surrounded with slakers then theres a good chance you'd become one.
    if your surrounded with great people then you'd exceed them when you compare what you've learned @ your age compared to their age,
    and the potential knowledge you'd gain along the way.

thank you

ur welcome! nice analogy!

back on topic.

usa ka former colleague nako gi tawagan na for job offer.
    70k gipangayo. 60k ang offer.
    Gibalibaran.
    Nanawag balik. Ni offer balik same prce but wala na daw open position sa Cebu so Manila nalang daw siya.
    Reply siya IF and ONLY IF 100k ang offer nila sa Manila then he'd reconsider.

So far not one of the people I know (including myself) was offered equal or more than what they asked for.

As I have recommeded before go for the REAL bigshots in Manila ayaw anang pa-ingon2x bigshot "daw": Equicomm, Headstrong, Lawson, Emerson.

11.    Advertisement

Page 7 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast