Page 7 of 65 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast

murag need jud ni @micaijo kauban. Kuyog nalang mong duha. hehe

@gabgab - it depends.......but i think i will survive. It's good to explore other places. It's true worried ko kay this is my first time to travel alone. Pero sure man ko nga bacolod is a safe place.

@johnmar - would love to meet you. Too bad, the day you will be arriving is the day of my departure. But if morning naa naka bacolod then maybe we can meet for awhile since afternoon pa man akong flight.

ok no problem,with that ....for sure morning naa nako sa sa bacolod....kay mag land trip ra ko...you know ganahan ko makakita sa mga maagian....mga 4am mubyahe naman ko ana...so magka kita pa ta ana micaijo....ok raman bisan minutes lang ta mag kakita... by the way is this your 1st time goin to bacolod?you know mas lingaw kung naa ka kauban.

pero much exciting unta to kung whole day ta magkakuyog kay para mas enjoyable ang pag explore sa bacolod or even outside pa nearby the city...saon mao naman akong na file nga leave sa among broadcast station....hahay....life....unya diri sa station wa pa jud day-off kay kuwang ang dj....life life....

@johnmar: yup it will be my first time to travel. it was suppose to be a group but only 2 of us are pushing through of what was said(unfortunately dili pud mi kuyog) My flight was booked 2 months ago and was a promo fare, i tried to change it but it would be a waste coz if i do that, it's like buying a whole new airfare. Whatever result of my adventure in bacolod, i'm sure there will be a part 2 next year. hehehehehhe

Masskara Opening

photo by Daryl Jimenea

Really Love this shot

Food Trip - Masskara 2010 + Events

by national guard

Photo Credits to: Jojo Malunes Vito (Facebook Account) - by sugarfairy

Top 5 Sidetrips During MassKara Festival

Bacolod City is famous for its MassKara Festival held every third week of October. Dancers don masks and colorful costumes and dance to lively samba beat in the streets of Bacolod. But after the revelry, what else is there to visit? A lot, actually.

If it’s your first time to visit Bacolod City, I have listed here some interesting sites you shouldn’t miss while you’re in the City of Smiles for the MassKara Festival. Some of these sites are located in nearby places which you can reach in less than an hour from Bacolod City. If you have a day to spare, you can actually visit several of these sites.

1. Silay City Ancestral Houses
    – Silay City has 31 ancestral houses, three of which are museums. Silay City used to be the center of arts and culture in Negros Occidental thus it was called the Paris of Negros. It is one of the few remaining places in the country where there is a high concentration of heritage houses in a small area. The various native delicacies that can be sampled in Silay City also make it a gastronomical treat for any visitor.

2. Balay ni Tana Dicangif there is an epitome of a Negrense woman of substance, then that would be Enrica Alunan-Lizares or Capitana Dicang. When her husband Efigenio Lizares died, she raised her 17 children single-handedly while at the same time taking care of flourishing haciendas. The house located in nearby Talisay City is now a lifestyle museum and a tribute to the matriarch of the Lizares clan.

Balay Ni Tana Dicang lit up for Good Friday festivities, photo by Pons Lizares

3. The Ruins – It’s been called the “Taj Mahal” of Negros Occidental for a reason. Aside from its interesting structure, the story behind The Ruins is what makes it more interesting. Just like Taj Mahal, The Ruins was built by Mariano Lacson in memory of his wife Maria Braga. It may not be as grand as the Taj Mahal but the enduring structure and the stories from one of Negros’ prominent clans make it one of the top sites to visit in Negros Occidental.

4. Mambukal Resort
    – located in the town of Murcia, Mambukal Resort is less than an hour away from Bacolod City. There, you can trek up to the 7th falls, go boating, take a dip at the hot spring pool or try the slide for life. If you are a nature lover, you should not miss Mambukal Resort.

5. NFEFI Biodiversity Conservation Center – just a stone’s throw away from the Provincial Capitol, the NFEFI Biodiversity Conservation Center breeds in captivity some of the rarest animals in the Philippines and endemic species of Negros. For a minimal fee, one can take a glimpse of the rich biodiversity of Negros Island and help spread the word on preserving our rainforests so that these animals can roam freely in their natural habitats.

source

Silay City is 10-15mins away from Bacolod City.No Traffic
    Talisay City is 5-8mins away from Bacolod City.No Traffic
    Mambukal Summer Resort is 45mins away from Bacolod..No Traffic
    The Ruins - Proceed to Bata (Pepsi bottling plant) and turn east. About 600 meters, you will see a cellsite above a 2-story bldg on the left. Opposite that bldg you will see a big sign that says ‘THIS WAY TO THE RUINS’. You will enter that narrow street leading to Rose Lawn Memorial gardens. Follow the small red and yellow signs on the electrical posts which will lead you all the way to the RUINS.
    Biodiversity Conservation Center 2007, 5php for entrance. I don't know if how much is the entrance fee today.

11.    Advertisement

Page 7 of 65 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast